About the job
The role of the Worship Leader is to lead all aspects of the musical worship. This position provides the opportunity to further SLCC’s mission of developing disciples by leading them to worship through music each week. Great opportunity to work alongside a new pastor to lead the people of God at SLCC to fulfill the mission God has designed for them.
· Personal faith in Jesus Christ is the most important aspect of this role at SLCC
· Able to fully support the Mission, Vision, Values, and Beliefs of SLCC (found here: https://www.summitlakechurch.org/beliefs).
· A master’s degree from seminary is a plus, though not required. However, some form of theological education is expected.
· Lead worship with guitar/piano.
· Basic understanding of music theory, skilled musically.
· Strong leader, capable of leading volunteers.
· Encourager, teachable, patient, and theologically thoughtful.
· A firm understanding of the role of music during worship services for the glory of God and the edification of the body.
· Meet weekly with the pastor to plan worship services and collaborate with him on how to carry out the church’s vision.
· Lead congregation in musical worship each Sunday.
· Lead volunteers during weekly band rehearsals.
· Develop, recruit, train, schedule, and spiritually lead a team of people to execute music for worship services.
· Hymns and contemporary songs that are Christ-centered and theologically accurate.
· Ability to lead the congregation in prayer as a vital part of worship services.
· Ability to spiritually shepherd those serving in the worship ministry.