About the job
Summit Church, a Wesleyan church in Estes Park, CO is prayerfully seeking a pastor whose heart passion is for the lost and hurting and who has a desire to bring individuals and families into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Estes Park is a seasonal, resort town, located in Northern Colorado at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. The Estes Valley has about 10,000 full time residents and only about 1,000 of those are affiliated with a church. Our desire is to reach those 9,000!
Summit Church has been a mobile church since it was first established in 1999. Through many years of prayer and through the grace of God, we have purchased our first facility, near the schools and town center to have a regular place to gather and build community and attract lost souls. We are in the planning and fundraising stages of this facility and continue to meet at our local Community Center until the facility is completed and ready for us to move in.
Summit Church has a tradition of strong children and youth ministries. Our desire is to create a cohesive worship and church family experience for all ages. We have established life groups and bible studies to build relationships among all generations.
We are praying for a leader who will help us follow God's will in growing our church and reaching our community, who will meet us where we are and who possesses the following qualities:
· A dynamic follower of Christ who is filled with the Holy Spirit and a servant’s heart whose life and ministry approach is rooted in the Word of God.
· A talented preacher who can effectively communicate God's Word to all generations and who can reach our community for Christ.
· A person who possesses a high level of energy and can help create a passion in our congregation for worship, service, and outreach to our community.
· A person who can build relationships with all generations and is able to connect with both those inside and outside the church.
· A person who believes in discipleship and outreach and can help in connecting others to the church.
Applicants must be ordained or be willing to transfer ordination to The Wesleyan Church. It is strongly recommended that the candidate has served previously as a Lead Pastor. Experience with church growth, plant or relaunch and with a building campaign is preferred.
We are praying that God will lead just the right candidate to Summit Church. We trust Him and His desire for His church moving forward. If you sense God is calling you to Summit Church, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to our District Superintendent and to the local board of administration.
Please see our website for additional information.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1893