Student Youth Pastor Internship at Holman United Methodist Church
Los Angeles, California 90018
About the job
JOB TITLE: Student Youth Pastor Internship
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR and SPPRC
APPLICANTS: Should email a “Letter of Interest” and their “Resume” to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Youth Pastor Internship shares in all the basic functions of pastoral ministry with special emphasis in areas related to Youth Ministry which broadly includes persons 13 – 18 years old.
1. Participates in the leadership or worship in the congregation on a regularly scheduled basis.
2. Plans and executes and/or supervises meaningful worship experiences for:
* Camps * Confirmation Sunday * Youth Sunday(s) * Youth Ministry Events * Christian Education Sunday
• Other times as requested by the Senior Pastor
3. Learn the needs of youth in the church and community.
4. Plans and promotes worship education and leadership skill development for children and youth.
5. Coordinates the schedules of Sunday programming between worship and educational activities to enhance the worship experience of families.
Holman’s Priorities for Youth Ministries
1. Coordinate church school classes for Junior and Senior high youth
• Coordinate parents and volunteers for church school
• Send email to parents/youth alerting them to the topic/scripture for upcoming church school lesson
• Timely presence for church school, being present no later than 15 minutes before church school begins
2. Coordinate youth, parents and volunteers for monthly youth fellowship experience.
• Organize parents, youth and volunteers for youth fellowship (HYP) time
3. Manage calendar for all youth related ministries (including Junior Ushers, Voices of Harmony, etc.)
• The Friday before first Sunday, send email to parents, youth and volunteers a calendar of the month ahead in youth ministries.
• Submit monthly article/column to the Bellringer with update on Holman youth ministry activities for the month.
Congregational Care and Nurture
1. Participates in staff consultation regarding youth in crisis and is available for counseling with those in need.
2. Maintains office hours for youth and youth adults wanting unscheduled consultation.
3. Participates in weddings, baptisms, funerals, memorials, and other transitional times of life.
4. Counsels with youth and their families in preparation for confirmation.
Qualifications: Preference will be given to a United Methodist Seminary Student with experience and/ or interest in the United Methodist Church.
Financial Support: The Student Intern will receive $1,000 per month