Director of Students & Family Ministries at StoneBridge Community Church
Simi Valley, CA
About the job
Youth & Families Director
StoneBridge Community Church (SBCC) is a Christian community of faith made up of ordinary people from all walks of life. SBCC desires to reach the lost, make disciples, and send them out to serve. The church’s three core values are worship, growth groups, and service. SBCC places an emphasis on young families, children and youth. SBCC is currently looking for qualified applicants for this position.
Primarily, this position will provide all programming for middle school students, high school students and their families. The director/intern will work in coordination with all other programming staff, including Pastor – Head of Staff, Associate Pastor, and Children’s & Families Director. Additionally, the director/intern will also work with and help lead a team of enthusiastic volunteers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Programing and discipleship of youth and families
- Outreach: Attracting new youth and families
- Teaching youth group(s) & providing worship
- Developing youth group lessons and/or leverage existing curriculum
- Scheduling and equipping leaders with materials for youth group lessons & programs - Communication of program: event calendar, social media posts, weekly newsletter
- Student integration into church life: worship, missions, children’s ministry partnership - Leadership development/training & discipleship: youth leaders, students
- Foster personal student relationships
- Special events coordination & delivery
Education Level – A minimum of 2 years of college (or equivalent).
Experience – Similar job experience or volunteer experience will be considered.
Skill Set – Able to engage students, group facilitation, listening & coaching, outreach mindset, fundamental Bible knowledge
Licenses – Valid Driver’s License preferred
To learn more about SBCC please visit StoneBridgeSimi.com