Mentoring Program Coordinator at Stars
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
TITLE: Mentoring Program Coordinator
OBJECTIVE: To assist and provide support to the Director of Mentoring Initiatives in
the development and management of the Mentoring program.
SCOPE: This position is located within the Mentoring department
CLASSIFICATION: This position is classified as non-exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule and conduct interviews, an
identify potential mentors.
• Maintain records and documentation on communication with independent
contractors, staff and mentors.
• Identify and provide capacity building opportunities for the Mentoring Initiatives
• Participate in mentoring program social, community and developmental activities.
• Exhibit proficiency with Google Workspace
• Work with the STARS program staff to provide training, supervision and support
for the group mentoring volunteers.
• Participate in weekly Staff Tactical Meetings (negotiable depending on hours)
• Participate in weekly Mentoring Tactical Meetings (negotiable depending hours)
• Participate in quarterly Organizational Strategy Days.
• Strategically manage Mentoring Initiatives website content.
• Committed to the mission and values of Stars
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Prior experience with mentoring programs strongly preferred
• Ability to successfully interact with individuals from diverse socio-economic and
• High level of personal integrity, self-motivation and evidence of desire for
• Strong recruiting skills is a must and experience with recruitment is preferable
• Ability to work well both independently and on on a team
• Spanish speaker/writer preferred, but not required
• Solid grasp on Google Workspace, i.e. Gmail, Drive, docs, calendar, etc.
HOURS & COMPENSATION: 20 Hours/Week and $20.00 /hour
• Reports to: Director of Mentoring Initiatives
• Works with: The Mentoring Team and Volunteer Coordinator
• Member of: The Mentoring Team, Stars staff