Staff Associate I at Young Life
San Diego, California 92105
About the job
Staff Associate I (College) — San Diego, CA
Do you have a passion to see college and university students experience life to the full? Are you called to ministry on a university campus? Do you have a vision to lead leaders in the mission to introduce college students to Jesus and help them grow in their faith?
This could be for you.
San Diego State University (SDSU) is a campus of 35,000+ students, diverse in socio-economic, multiethnic, and religious background. Young Life is in its 13th year at SDSU. We are looking to grow our already thriving presence on campus that includes a student leadership team of 25 (including two paid student staff).
We are looking to hire a staff associate to serve alongside our college director to deepen and grow this ministry. Our effort is two-fold: (1) Widen our ministry presence on campus, and (2) walk alongside and train up a next generation of staff for full-time ministry.
SDSU sits just east of downtown San Diego, America's "finest city." You can enjoy the snow and the beach in the same day! Surfing, hiking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, and various other outdoor activities. And the food. You can hit up an ocean view coffee shop in the early morning, grab the best burrito in the U.S. for lunch, and then sit down at a downtown Gaslamp restaurant for dinner. San Diego is the best!
Are you sensing that calling yet? Let's find out.
- Growing relationship with Jesus and commitment to spiritual practices.
- Participation in the local church.
- Lead leaders.
- Help lead the area in spiritual development and discipleship.
- Build lasting relationships with students and help them grow in their faith.
- Identify, recruit and help train student leaders.
- Model excellent contact work, small group leadership and clubs.
- Create, organize and help lead key outreach events and retreats.
- Participate in our work with the committee.
- Build relationships with key people in and around the SDSU campus.
- Participate in national, divisional and regional training(s), including Staff Associate 1 and 2.
- Demonstrate commitment to fundraising personal support (the area has strong funding for the position).
- Serve on summer camp assignment team.
- College/university degree.
- Strong relational and administrative skills.
- Calling/desire to pursue full-time ministry (on a university campus).
- Salary based on education, experience and job responsibilities.
- Medical, dental and vision.
- Flexible paid time off.
- 401(k) matching plan.