About the job
This position is posted as part-time, but will grown to a full time position. The job description is writen for the full time position so applicant can fully understand the overall goal of ministry opportunity.
The NextGen Ministry Leader will develop, implement and oversee all our programming and ministries for children and students from birth-12th grade that promotes community and faith development. They will serve as a spiritual leader for children and students within our congregation connect life and faith. They will develop strategies for equipping parents, be the primary communicator and work as a part of our ministry team for all aspects of our Next Gen Ministries.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Create and implement a ministry plan to effectively reach children and students from birth to 12th grade with
the gospel of Jesus Christ within and outside of St Paul.
• Lead ministry/events for children and students in accordance with the overall vision and purpose of the
• Plan and execute an engaging Sunday morning experience for children and students that emphasizes
spiritual growth including the recruitment/training of volunteers, choosing appropriate curriculum, teaching
(as needed), and thorough follow up strategies.
• Involve children and students in the ministries of the church, supporting and participating in the church’s
vision, worship services, and activities.
• engage congregation to continuously connect, share and invest in the NextGen Ministry.
• Serve as a support resource for our school (St Paul Christian School) and develop and execute an
outreach plan that engages our school families in the overall ministry of St Paul.
• Build and maintain relationships with parents and families both churched and unchurched.
• Talk with children and/or their parents on issues relating to salvation, overall spiritual life and family
relationships. Be available to listen to and love our children/families.
• Recruit, train, and lead the children’s and student ministry volunteer teams.
• Ensure children's volunteers are in compliance with the church's child protection policy.
• Serve as the primary communicator for children’s and student ministry activities, events, and worship
• Collaborate with church staff and leadership to develop the annual NextGen ministry budget for children
• Attend regular church staff meetings and NextGen Ministry meetings.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Other duties and projects, as assigned.
• Demonstrated strong personal Christian faith commitment
• Demonstrated passion for supporting children, students and their families grow in their faith journeys.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to think creatively and develop innovative strategies for ministry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Support and work cooperatively in a team ministry setting.
• Attention to detail and follow-through; multi-tasking; project development with minimal oversight.
• Demonstrated good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries.
• Demonstrated professional demeanor; able to maintain appropriate boundaries and honor confidentiality.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer systems (including but not limited to MS Office and Google) and
digital communication software (Zoom, Microsoft Team, etc.)
• Must pass background check and all other state requirements for working with
• College degree preferred.
• Provide references upon request.
EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION:
The NextGen Ministry Leader reports to the Lead Pastor and will receive an annual performance review by the
Lead Pastor as head of staff.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3200