About the job
Position: Missions Administrative Assistant
Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly
Reports to: Minister of Serve
APPLY DIRECTLY TO: Gwen Reinauer - Director of Human Resources
REQUIRED: Cover Letter, Resume and completed St. Andrew’s Employment Application
Apply directly at: http://www.sapres.org/about/job-openings/
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Provide strong administrative support to the Minister of Serve while assisting the overall
Serve staff in implementing the ministries and programs of the department. Also works closely with church members to support various serve programs and activities and volunteer support.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan and execute procedures to accomplish the Ministry’s goals.
· Ability to accomplish practical and necessary tasks that free up, support, and meet the needs of the Minister of Serve and the Serve Team including:
o Organize department and Minister of Serve calendar and work with overall church calendar to schedule events.
o Set up rooms and resources and technical support for Serve events.
o Support Serve events including occasionally in the evenings and on weekends.
o Prepare and track ministry partner applications and mid-year report submissions.
o Be main point of contact for department email and phone calls.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
· Develop and execute communication strategies with the Serve Team around upcoming Serve and Ministry Partner events and needs.
o Write announcements for in service and all church emails, website content, and stories for social media and for in service and weekly all church communications.
Attend Communication meetings to strategize Serve vision for Serve events.
Compile Serve team/ministry partner information for the quarterly brochures and annual report.
o Update Serve website regularly with most current Serve opportunities and ministry
· Process check requests, distribute monthly financial reports, reconcile credit card statements, develop annual partner funding disbursement schedule, and process required monthly ministry partner disbursements.
· Schedule/attend/support weekly Serve Team meetings and Serve Committee meetings.
· Attend monthly Administrative Assistant meetings and bi-monthly Staff meetings.
· Coordinate travel arrangement and details for local and global mission trips.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with Church Community Builder, Sharepoint, Asana, and website software a plus.
An individual who is an active member of a Christian Church and affirms the mission, values and mission measures of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or one to two/four years in related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.