About the job
Founded in 1947, St. Andrew’s has a rich history in the Newport Mesa community, and is a church that has sought to follow and serve Jesus in His kingdom work both locally and globally for nearly 75 years. While respecting and celebrating many longstanding traditions, St. Andrew’s is ever mindful of the importance of reaching into the future for Jesus, and as such cultivates and nurtures opportunities to find new ways to welcome all to our church family. With "Jesus Christ is King" at the center of our vision, St. Andrew's identifies as a "Neighborhood Church with Global Impact" that works to participate in the reign of God to restore His creative intent. Our strategy is to create an environment where every person is invited, nurtured, and empowered to know, trust, love and follow Jesus Christ as we gather in worship, build followers of Jesus and serve the kingdom mission. In 2014, St. Andrew’s joined ECO, A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
The Assistant Pastor will be responsible to provide pastoral leadership for the women’s ministry and to serve on the pastoral team for the congregation. The specific three areas of responsibility are:
- Lead all facets of the women’s ministry (and other areas of ministry as determined by experience and giftedness of candidate)
- Serve as member of senior leadership and Cabinet
- Serve as a pastor to the congregation and community at large
Reporting directly to the Lead Pastor/Head of Staff, the Assistant Pastor will support of the vision and mission of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. The Lead Pastor/Head of Staff may assign additional duties and responsibilities on a temporary or regular basis, such as participation in worship services, teaching, pastoral care, missions and any other ministerial responsibilities as called upon. The Assistant Pastor also maintains a lifestyle and ministry consistent with the Scriptures and essential tenets of St. Andrew’s and ECO.
Qualifications required include:
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree from an accredited theological seminary in biblical or theological studies.
- Experience - Appropriate hands-on ministry experience within church setting
- Theology - Alignment with and adherence to the Essential Tenets of ECO
- Ordination - Will be ordained, if not already, as an ECO pastor
Please submit resume, cover letter and professional references to the Assistant Pastor Search Team at email@example.com. Visit sapres.org/about/job-openings to view the Assistant Pastor Opportunity Profile (Brochure) for more information about St. Andrew's and the position.