About the job
Speed Memorial Church of Sellersburg, Indiana is prayerfully seeking to fill the position of pastor. Nearly 100 years ago, the residents in Speed, Indiana, came together to worship God in a manner that respected their diverse denominational and theological backgrounds, but which expressed their common faith in Jesus Christ and to help carry His message to the community and world. With the support of the Louisville Cement Company, that vision became a reality in the form of Speed Memorial Church. Speed Memorial Church remains a vibrant expression of the faith that inspired its founders to action. We are a stable church, with an approximate attendance of 50-75 in worship, which has experienced years of slow, but steady growth. Sellersburg is a community of approximately 10,000 located in Southern Indiana and less than fifteen minutes from downtown Louisville, Kentucky. The successful candidate will have preferably 8 to 10 years of vocational ministry and at least 8 years leading a church experience with an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited Bible college or seminary. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate God’s Word through a solid, biblically based expositional style. The candidate should have an established record of “making disciples” and have the capability to lead the church in deeper discipleship and evangelism. The candidate should possess a shepherd’s heart, providing pastoral care and relational investment for the membership. In addition, he or she should be able to provide administrative leadership and organizational structure in all areas of church life. Further requirements:
· Meets the biblical requirements for pastors (1 Timothy 3:1-7; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
· Capability to lead Speed Memorial Church to be on mission and to have greater gospel impact in its community and beyond.
· Able to lead the church in greater community engagement in Clark County and Southern Indiana.
· Visionary leader with the ability to discover/develop/ and implement a new vision for Speed Memorial Church and develop a strategy to carry it out.
· Team player willing to work collaboratively with the Speed Memorial Church Council.
· Ability to engage in multigenerational ministry.