About the job
Starting in August 2024, South America Mission invites you to dive into an immersive experience where faith meets real-world impact. Our Residency — an intensive, year-long ministry preparation experience – is more than a program. It’s an opportunity to learn, gain practical ministry experience, and explore your calling in a community of like-minded individuals who are passionate about living out their faith authentically. With a focus on practical application, mentorship, and spiritual development, this residency equips you to have an impact in missions, in ministry, or in the marketplace.
What are the dates of this residency?
August 1, 2024 – July 2025
Application deadline is March 15, 2024
What you bring:
- Embrace a teachable and flexible mindset
- Thrive as self-starters and team players
- Bring ministry and/or mission experience (volunteer or job-related)
- Preferably hold a college degree (Seminary is a plus)
- Bonus points for some Spanish or Portuguese skills
How you will grow through this residency:
- Spiritual Formation
- Missions & Ministry Experience
- Leadership Development
What you can expect to experience through this residency:
- Serve on a team of residents working as a vital part of the SAM home office
- Join a short-term mission trip working alongside our SAM missionaries and ministries in South America.
- Engage church partners to deepen their involvement in the Great Commission.
- Mobilize students and recent grads to engage in meaningful service.
- Immerse yourself in studying God’s Word and building connections with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Intentional mentoring by mission and ministry leaders
Do I have to raise my own support?
Yes, this is a support-raised opportunity. Don’t worry; we’ll provide you with the tools needed to raise support from your own community and network.
If you have questions, please email [email protected]