About the job
Lead, evaluate, and continue to develop the overall communications strategy for Snyder Memorial Baptist Church that is essential for the growth, health, and development of the church. Partnering with senior staff to create communications plans to mobilize their specific audiences to take action. Work to ensure high-quality communications are created which have the highest possible impact on both internal and external audiences.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that in each facet of the church, the overall vision of the church is being communicated
• Strategize, develop, and maintain the brand of Snyder Memorial Baptist Church
• Publish compelling content to increase church attendance and engagement
• Focus on Snyder’s target audience
• Fully inform church attendees and other internal communication needs
• Other duties as assigned
Lead and Oversee all Communications
• Create campaigns to attract more people to worship services and special events.
• Develop and lead a team of staff and volunteer content creators and content managers (print, web, video, social media, etc.) in a manner that aligns various communications platforms.
• Consistently provide communications training opportunities for staff and volunteer team members.
• Work with the church’s facilities staff and committees to ensure all signage (print/electronic) throughout the campus communicates effectively within the brand framework.
• Oversee and analyze marketing trends for the purposes of making strategic decisions.
• Act as liaison between the staff and the publications committee.
• Establish internal communication plans for sensitive issues like crisis communications, staff changes, etc.
• Manage and oversee communications and publications budget.
Tenaciously Guard and Develop the Reputation of Snyder Memorial Baptist Church
• Create and manage the branding standards of the church and ensure messages are in keeping within the guidelines.
• Take ultimate responsibility for all pieces of church content, including print, email, social media, web, mobile app, graphics, etc. Ensure every piece of content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s brand standard (Color, Font, Etc.).
Strategic Direction of Social Media
• Create and maintain a church-wide social media strategy that supports the church’s ministry goals and includes effective use of online advertising platforms.
• Manage the church’s social media platforms in a manner that engages the community.
• Timely response to questions and concerns posted to church social media accounts.
• Identify, develop, and deploy social media volunteers to enhance the church’s social media effectiveness.
• Work with various church ministries to develop specific social media strategies that fit within the church’s overall branding.
• Collect and communicate accurate social media metrics.
• Work with the church’s Senior Pastor and assigned committees to develop staff-wide social media policies.
• Advise senior leadership on social presence.
Minimum Qualifications Include
• Growing Christian faith and character who is excited about being an active member engaged in the mission of Snyder Memorial Baptist Church.
• Preferred bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent work experience.
• Preferred 3-5 years of relevant experience, or comparable student portfolio.
• Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) giving attention to detail as well as a creative thinker using data to inform strategy.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage the different “seasons” of a church calendar. Working with a focus on church-wide projects/events when periods are particularly busy, and strategic skills development during times that are less busy.
• A comfort level with leading staff meetings and retreats, helping to inform decisions with an understanding of communications strategy.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar applications.
• Experience using Apple creative platforms and applications.
• Preferred skills: Experience with direct web design/management, photography, videography, editing, and graphic design and/or the ability to manage the creative process with vendors.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3286