About the job
Director of Contemporary Worship is a person gifted to develop contemporary and creative expressions of worship who would be involved in the planning, preparing and leading of worship services along with pastors, staff and volunteer leaders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be involved in the planning, coordinating, and presentation of music for the contemporary worship service.
- Prepare slides and visual media for worship services and events.
- Operate visuals on Sunday morning and oversee the Worship Visual Tech Team.
- Envision and implement other creative expressions of worship that supports the Biblical message in ways that are participatory.
- Assist in developing a contemporary worship culture at Sierra Presbyterian
- Create rotating team to provide leadership for the contemporary service under the direction of the Pastor as Head of Staff.
- Participate in weekly church staff meetings and lead as directed by Senior Pastor
- Take part in the form of prayer and scripture reading for spiritual growth as well as other Church activities (e.g. Small Group Participation, Seminars, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Help maintain a constantly evolving collection of worship songs which are like-able, sing-able and worshipful.
- Provide a contemporary music worship weekly schedule and plan.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of facility use (in conjunction with staff) for related contemporary music.
- As directed, attend pertinent staff related events.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested and assigned by the Minister of Worship Arts and/or the Senior Pastor.
Qualifications – Education & Experience
The Director of Contemporary Worship shall be a Christian and it is desired that he/she have Bible School or Seminary-level education credits or degree and experience in pastor ministry. Experienced combo musician (instruments and vocal), skilled in leading and performing contemporary Christian Music. Ability to read music. Effective organization and communication skills. Ability to work successfully with persons of diverse background and interest.