About the job
Job Title: Synod Resource Center Assistant
Reports to: Communications & Connections Coordinator of the Sierra Pacific Synod
Location: Remote within the Sierra Pacific Synod Boundary
Salary Range: $15.00 / hour
Travel Required: Minimal Travel Required
Position Type: 10 hours/week
The Sierra Pacific Synod Resource Center serves 180 congregations in Northern California and Northern Nevada who comprise the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America’s (ELCA) Sierra Pacific Synod. The Vision of the Resource Center is to increase quality and availability of both print and electronic resources to meet the needs of congregational leaders in support of their educational, worship and missional needs; gather, purchase and provide materials that are consistent with Christian theology and Lutheran doctrine and beliefs; and, facilitate circulation of the Resource Center collection even as we grow in the use of digital methods and materials.
The Sierra Pacific Synod is committed to centering the voices of those with the most at stake. Those living at the intersections of issues and events must be allowed to speak first, last and longest.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Synod Resource Center Assistant will serve as overseer of the operations and strategy of the Resource Center, with guidance from the Communications and Connections Coordinator and the Resource Center Network.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Facilitate becoming a more valued partner with congregations through increased, useful communications – newsletters, announcements and emails with helpful information and resources.
- Developing bonds with host Conference, Deans and Synod leaders to enable better support of our various shared ministries.
- Carry out the Strategy of the Resource Center by providing a diverse array of hard-copy and digital resources to people in the Sierra Pacific Synod.
- Collaborate with Mission Partner who hosts hard-copy resources: Provide weekly list of checked-out hard copy resources, Collaborate to ensure resources are returned in a timely manner, Discuss and approve purchasing of new hard-copy resources, Oversee an annual inventory of all hard-copy resources
- Have oversight of the upkeep and maintenance of the hard-copy resource Database.
- Empower and collaborate with a diverse Resource Center network regularly to seek out new resources.
- Foster new sources of sustainable financial support for the Resource Center through creative fundraising opportunities, with the R.C. Network.
- Work with the R.C. Network to market the Resource Center at Synod-Wide events and programs - Synod Assembly, Bishop’s Convocation, Professional Leaders Conference, etc.
- Develop a budget annually for the Synod Resource Center alongside the Synod’s Director of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience working with a team and possess strong collaboration skills.
- Must live within the Sierra Pacific Synod boundaries.
- Must have knowledge of/experience with Church Leaders and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- Be a multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communications skills, as this job is mostly remote.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with others, especially virtually.
Sierra Pacific Synod is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be accepted and reviewed. (Applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experiences are encourage to apply)
The successful applicant must submit to a background check before employment can be finalized.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Priority screening for this position will begin February 1, 2022.