Next Gen Pastor at Sierra Grace Fellowship
Auburn, CA 95603
About the job
The Sierra Grace Fellowship Next Gen Pastor is a full-time position responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all family ministry environments at SGF (25%), with a particular focus on leading and growing our high school ministry (75%).
At Sierra Grace, our desire is to be intentional about discipling the upcoming generations with increasing depth as they grow up, preparing them to be faithful Christian adults who persevere through young adulthood. The Next Gen Pastor will cast vision for that process, provide support for our existing staff/leaders, and directly lead the high school ministry as the final leg of that journey before college.
The Next Gen Pastor will be a champion of our church’s culture, a powerful teammate, and a welcome addition to our team.
1. Lead the SGF High School Ministry (75%)
a. Oversee all elements of a successful ministry that disciples, loves, and encourages the 9th-12th graders of Sierra Grace to trust in Jesus Christ and become more like him.
- Relevant and biblical teaching
- Recruit, lead, and develop volunteers/leaders
- Prepare the ministry budget and steward those resources well
b. Partner with parents for the effective discipling of the church’s youth
2. Ensure effective discipleship from cradle to college (25%)
a. Lead a healthy discipleship pathway with good cooperation between the ministries and good communication to the church
b. Actively develop, oversee, and support our existing Kids Ministry Director, Junior High Directors, and College Directors
c. Provide oversight/direction for other ministries/events related to the next generation; including our outreach to local schools, AWANA, VBS, Mexico mission, and family camp.
3. Attend mandatory meetings
4. Other duties as assigned by the Pastor
- Biblically qualified as an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- College or seminary-level ministry education
- Ideally, 3+ years of relevant ministry experience
- Member of Sierra Grace Fellowship, actively participating in the life of our church, with a supportive spouse who is also an active member in our church (if married)
- A visible Christian walk that displays the fruit of the Spirit, humility, and a teachable spirit
- Submits to the direction of, and reports directly to, the Senior Pastor
YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF…
- Your heart beats for the next generation, especially high schoolers
- You are passionate about preparing young believers for a life of faith in the “real world”
- You would enjoy providing support and direction for our current staff within the family ministries team
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead and grow a high school ministry
- You spend some time on our church website and think the “vibe” is right
YOU MIGHT BE A GOOD FIT ON OUR TEAM IF…
- You put Jesus first
- You admit your mistakes
- You don’t take yourself too seriously
- You are creative and can adapt
- Full time, competitive salary
- Medical and retirement benefits
- Flexible PTO
Auburn, California is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada range, about 40 minutes from Sacramento and 2 hours from Lake Tahoe, in a county that’s markedly more conservative than the surrounding parts of Northern California. Known for its gold rush history, endurance events, and beautiful scenery, Auburn is a great place to raise a family. With a population of about 14,000, Auburn maintains a small town feel but still has key retail stores (Target, Ulta, Bevmo, Old Navy), great places to eat, and activities (hiking/biking trails, American River, golf courses, disc golf, movie theater, etc.). Everybody loves Auburn!
Sierra Grace has been reaching Auburn in the name of Jesus for 25 years. We have a solid track record of supporting missions, raising up leaders, and having healthy ministries for kids and youth. We’re in the middle of some exciting changes post-pandemic, including the search for a Next Gen Pastor and plans for a new Youth Center. We hope you’ll pray about applying to join our church family as we build toward the future.