About the job
Church and Community Overview
We are One church, serving Two unique communities, and offering Four services with diverse worship styles every week. We are a prayer-focused, non-denominational congregation affiliated with Converge MidAmerica, a network of churches whose mission is starting and strengthening churches. Our Orleans location enjoys a rural setting, has physical space for expansion, and draws worshippers from two Western Michigan counties. Our Greenville location is situated in a typical, small-town America environment and attracts a diverse group of suburban and rural worshippers. Our weekly attendance averages 365 among all services.
We support our local communities with a weekly food pantry, Stephen Ministry, and our Care and Prayer Team. We have a campground that allows us unique ministry opportunities. We travel to other states to help repair damage in communities ravaged by fire or flood. We also offer prayer and financial support to several missionaries serving the Lord overseas. Through all our many service projects and opportunities, we have discovered, “We do it better when we do it together.” Our web address is: www.shilohcc.org.
We are looking for a servant leader, highly relational, with a clear vision for local, regional and global ministry. He will need to have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a calling for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people far from God, and the ability to motivate others to be a part of God’s redemptive cause. He will need to lead the church in our mission to “help people come to Christ, grow in Christ, and serve for Christ.”
· The creativity to envision new possibilities for the ministry of Shiloh Community Church
· The ability to think strategically about opportunities and challenges.
· Implement and accomplish the church’s mission and vision with church staff and the Leadership Board.
· Equip and mentor existing and emerging leaders and workers.
· Select, build, and empower ministry leaders and teams.
· Direct and supervise the Associate ministry staff and support staff.
· The awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry.
· Strong biblical preaching for life transformation.
· The ability to teach and communicate God’s Word in a variety of settings with accuracy, clarity, conviction, and relevance.
· Communicate a compelling and clear vision for Shiloh Community Church.
· Oversee written communications throughout the church.
· Oversee worship planning and preparation to inspire the church and reach the community.
· Able to develop and employ the unique strengths of others.
· Able to be a healing presence in conflicted relationships both personal and corporate.
· Minister to the sick, shut-in, and bereaved personally or through staff.
· Perform weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications, and other such services personally or through staff.
· Meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
· A strong devotional and prayer life.
· An inherent grace orientation in his relationship with God and other people.
· Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
· Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
· Maintain a baptistic perspective in theology and policy.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited seminary or Bible college with some additional post-graduate work.
· Experience in and/or a heart for reaching the upper Midwest is strongly preferred.
Interested applicants should apply by visiting https://www.convergeplacementnetwork.org/.
No need to email a resume or cover letter. Please contact Kirsten at Converge MidAmerica with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org