About the job
Duties and Responsibilities: The pastor is accountable, first and foremost, to God and God’s Word, and secondly to the Joint Board (Diaconate and Trustees) and Shiloh New Site membership. The pastor shall lead the Church in all aspects of ministry to include preaching the gospel, administering the ordinances, watching over the membership, managing daily Church operations, and having charge of the spiritual welfare of the congregation and the stated services of public worship. The pastor’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Proclaim the Word of God through biblically sound, inspirational, and relatable preaching, insightful and relevant teaching, and Christ centered personal modeling;
- Provide spiritual and organizational leadership and training to the associate ministers, ministry leaders, church staff, and membership in a manner that fulfills the church mission and vision, enhances operational procedures, provides impactful outreach, and empowers the Church to navigate through crises and change;
- Preach at scheduled worship services as determined in consultation with church leadership. Officiate or preach at special services to include weddings, funerals, dedications, ordinations, etc.;
- Ensure worship services, ministry activities, and Christian Education studies are meaningful and transformational for all ages;
- Provide leadership for the development and growth of thriving ministries for children, youth, and young adults;
- Ensure a church environment that is inclusive and welcoming to an increasingly diverse community;
- Exercise personal leadership in pastoral care and shepherding of the church membership with special emphasis on the hospitalized, shut-in, and bereaved;
- Nurture the mental, spiritual, and emotional health of the congregation and administer a plan to make referrals as necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations within the membership;
- Moderate and preside at all Joint Board (Diaconate and Trustees) and Church meetings and serve as an ex-officio member of all ministries and committees of the Church;
- In conjunction with the Joint Board, assume full management of the budget, business operations, and strategic planning of the church; and
- In conjunction with the Personnel Committee, provide oversight for duties performed by church employees and ministry leaders.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: Church conducts in-person and virtual worship and virtual meetings. In-person worship requires pre-registration, temperature checks, face masks for all worshipers, maximum of five persons per pew, seating on alternating pews, social distancing, expedited departure from sanctuary.