About the job
SCOPE: The Data Strategist serves as an integral part of the Data Analytics team collaborating with departments across the organization to define, maintain, and report on established leadership metrics, objectives, and goals. The chosen candidate will assist in the design, development and maintenance of data solutions that inform and influence the organization. The ideal candidate is a tactful change agent who loves solving complex problems with data.
• Design, code, test, debug, document, support, evaluate and improve data systems to meet established business requirements and deliver the highest possible value to the organization.
• Conduct the conversion of data into insights that inform strategic business decisions.
• Research, evaluate, and integrate software for expedient data collection.
• Support change management activities with regard to data analysis across Departments.
• Create visualizations and BI dashboards as needed.
• Leverage data to collaborate and guide business departments through programs and initiatives, enabling continuous improvement in data quality, departmental performance, and overall business performance.
• Participate in data system troubleshooting, and analyzing reported issues.
• Provide training to colleagues working with data analytics tools.
• Routinely respond to organizational requests that require navigating through a “cycle to build value from data” (question, hypothesize, collaborate, test, report, repeat).
• Administrate users, groups, roles, and general access to the organization’s BI software.
• Stay abreast of data industry trends, technologies and implications.
• Collaborate with other bible translation organizations to synthesize efforts in data collection and processing.
• No supervision requirements
• Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and working groups as directed
• Maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, processes and policies.
• Occasional off-hour response duties for data system and processing problems.
• Participate in projects or working groups that focus on issues having organization wide impact.
• Perform or assist with additional assignments as required or directed.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is expected to sit for prolonged periods working on a computer.
Occasional domestic travel for training and staff events.
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God-honoring lifestyle.
• Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group.
• Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2-4 years experience in technology, data management or finance in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Solid, demonstratable understanding of SQL and Relational Databases.
• Familiarity with BI products (Domo, Power BI, Sisense, Tableau, etc.)
• Proven problem-solving aptitude.
• Computing certifications (A+, Sec+, Network+, etc.).
• Cloud platform experience (AWS, Azure, Google).
• Domo certification.
• Experience coding and documenting APIs with Postman.
• Experience coding with React framework.
• Experience with GraphQL.
• Experience with Graph Databases.
• Administration experience with popular software platforms (SalesForce, Intacct, Monday, Office 365, G Suite, etc.).