Director of Contemporary Worship Ministry at Santa Ana UMC
Santa Ana, CA
About the job
The purpose of the Director of Contemporary Worship Ministry is to lead followers of Christ to connect with God and one another through music and worship through leadership of the contemporary worship ministry of Santa Ana United Methodist Church.
Minimum 5 years of experience in leading worship and advanced knowledge in audio, visual, and lighting technologies.
Under the supervision of the Lead Pastor, the Director of Contemporary Worship Ministry is broadly responsible for working with the individuals involved in contemporary worship ministry in order to:
· Support the vision, mission, ministry and core values of SAUMC;
· Provide musical and spiritual leadership for contemporary worship;
· Enhance worship services through use of audio, visual, and lighting technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Contemporary Worship Ministry will:
· Serve as principal musician and worship leader for weekly contemporary worship services and other worship events;
· Cast a vision for all musicians with the goal of maintaining an inspirational, upbeat, and divine approach to music;
· Recruit and develop the spiritual lives of musicians in a collaborative rehearsal environment;
· Select weekly music and media art of varying styles that enhances the total worship experience;
· Lead weekly rehearsals for the praise team and other special groups;
· Establish collaborative relationships with the other music ministries of the church;
· Plan and execute various special musical events;
· Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for the audio, visual and lighting team for all worship services and special events;
· Attend regular worship team and staff meetings;
To be considered for this position, a candidate should:
· Demonstrate a commitment to Christ and the local church community;
· Possess musical and leadership talents that are clearly visible and easily demonstrated both as a vocalist and instrumentalist;
· Be comfortable leading worship, including preaching, in a mainline Protestant context;
· Have the ability to read music and possess highly developed skills as a singer, guitarist and/or keyboard player with considerable knowledge in other instruments such as bass guitar and drums;
· Showcase consistent organizational, leadership, and communication skills;
· Be proactive in recruiting new members for the praise team;
· Understand how to train and develop the musical and leadership skills of both vocalists and instrumentalists;
· Be able to create and maintain a spiritual community amongst members of the praise team, including leading Bible studies;
· Have advanced knowledge of audio, visual, computer and lighting equipment as well as skills in audio and visual production;
· Be literate in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as specialized worship planning software (e.g. ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc.);
· Be a lifelong learner and attend continuing education events;
· Submit to a background check prior to employment.