Worship Leader at San Gabriel Presbyterian Church
San Gabriel, CA 91776
About the job
Part Time Worship Director
San Gabriel Presbyterian Church
200 West San Gabriel Blvd., San Gabriel, CA 91776
The Worship Director will be an individual who is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ, loves worshipping musically and leading others in worship of Him. SGPC is a vibrant and growing Chinese American (English language) congregation, multi-cultural, Bible believing church just South of Pasadena and five miles east of downtown Los Angeles. The position is 12-15 hours/wk, and offers a competitive salary based on ability and experience.
Plan and coordinate contemporary or blended music for Sunday morning worship and other special events. We want to grow this music ministry, bringing in other paid musicians and working with in-house talent to develop a worship band. The Worship Director will work alongside the pastor to plan services, and with an established tech team.
· Vocal ability sufficient to lead with either guitar or piano.
· The confidence and spiritual maturity to speak and pray, leading others into God’s presence.
· The sensitivity to lead in joyous celebration, as well as quiet and meditative music.
· Experience with a wide range of contemporary music, and familiarity with traditional hymns would be helpful.
· Maintaining and building on our established music library, and working alongside the tech team for the sound reinforcement will be important.
· Email songs and lyrics to the Tech Team by Thursday each week.
· Lead a rehearsal during the week, and then prior to the 11 AM Sunday service.
· Coordinate music thematically to compliment teaching themes Sunday mornings, working alongside the Pastor.
· Participate in monthly Worship Committee meetings.
· Recruit musicians to support your own leadership, from both within the church and beyond, striving for excellence in presentation, and helping grow musicians spiritually and in musicianship.
· Continue to grow spiritually and musically, attending workshops & conferences.
· Be part of the church community, getting to know the congregation, meeting people before and after worship as possible, and participating in major church events as a member/attender at SGPC.
· Direct Report – Senior Pastor, including weekly Zoom meetings.
· Annual staff evaluations by the Elder Board.
· Paid vacation will be two weeks/year, arranging for substitute lead worshipper.
Send resumé and questions to the church office, attn: Personnel Comm, [email protected]