Children Minister at San Francisco Chinese Alliance Church
1150 Vicente St., San Francisco, CA 94116
About the job
San Francisco Chinese Alliance Church (SFCAC) is a growing evangelical member church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA/The Alliance) denomination Central Pacific District. SFCAC, located in the Parkside/Sunset area of San Francisco, CA, is a vibrant church with an emphasis on missions and church planting as well as creativity in local ministry and evangelism. Its three language-based congregations (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) represent people of diverse background from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Southeast Asia, South America, and North America. The church is highly committed to following Jesus Christ as His disciples together and as individuals, developing and exercising our spiritual gifts, collaborating in unity for evangelism and discipleship, and to the building up of a healthy church and the expansion of God’s kingdom.
SFCAC is embarking onto a new milestone of ministry and spiritual journey in San Francisco and beyond. SFCAC is now calling a full-time Children Minister to our Children Ministry.
Address: 1150 Vicente Street, San Francisco, CA 94116, USA. Website: www.sfcac.org
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all age levels in our church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- Love youth where they are
- Encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
- Provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
- Challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
Hours and Supervision
- Job Type: 40 hours/week
- Reports to: Senior Pastor
1. Must be a born-again Christian.
2. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is minimum requirement. Professional Certification in Children Ministry is desired.
3. Minimum of 3 years in working with children (preferred)
4. Bi-lingual is a plus.
5. Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a children ministry within the parameters of our church.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication, conflict management, problem solving and computer skills.
7. Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with children, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
8. Must be able to work well with others and be able to thrive under the constructive criticism/evaluation of church leadership.
1. Staff must be in agreement with the church’s statement of faith
2. Participate in all staff requirements that include staff meetings, church-wide events such as Christmas and Easter
3. Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle
1. Be an advocate for children and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
2. Be aware of resources for developing the children ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
3. Recruit and train volunteers who work with children in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios. (This includes Christmas and Spring plays.)
4. Provide safe environment by certifying all staff and volunteer leaders through background checks and training in the protocols, as outlined in our health and safety policies
5. Oversee children’s Sunday school programs and curriculum.
6. Coordinate, plan, and train leaders for Vacation Bible School.
7. Develop and maintain New Member Assimilation program.
8. Develop resources to aid the parents of children in their Christian parenting skills. (Promote an understanding that the Church Children Program is NOT a substitute for raising children in the ways of the Lord! We can only complement what is being done in a Godly home.)
- Children Preschool to 5th Grade
- Plan and oversee activities that ministers to and involve children.
- Recruit and train adult volunteers for children’s ministry.
- Coordinate children’s worship during the Morning Worship hour and coordinate the components of the church’s children’s ministry with other activities of the church.
9. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
10. Make yourself available to children and their family in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
11. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
12. Mentor children in developing their leadership skills.
13. Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all children ministry settings.
14. Lead nursery committee, other committees and groups directly related to children’s ministry as assigned by the pastor.
15. Keep records of children participation and manage the children ministry budget.
16. Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The Senior Pastor provides an annual evaluation of the performance of the Children Minister.