Cantonese Pastor at San Francisco Chinese Alliance Church
1150 Vicente St., San Francisco, CA 94116
About the job
San Francisco Chinese Alliance Church
Call of a Cantonese Pastor
San Francisco Chinese Alliance Church (SFCAC) is a growing evangelical member church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA/The Alliance) denomination Central Pacific District. SFCAC, located in the Parkside/Sunset area of San Francisco, CA, is a vibrant church with an emphasis on missions and church planting as well as creativity in local ministry and evangelism. Its three language-based congregations (Cantonese, English, and Mandarin) represent people of diverse background from Hong Kong, Mainland China, Southeast Asia, South America, and North America. The church is highly committed to following Jesus Christ as His disciples together and as individuals, developing and exercising our spiritual gifts, collaborating in unity for evangelism and discipleship, and to the building up of a healthy church and the expansion of God’s kingdom.
SFCAC is embarking onto a new milestone of ministry and spiritual journey in San Francisco and beyond. SFCAC is now calling a full-time Cantonese pastor to minister to our Cantonese congregation.
Address: 1150 Vicente Street, San Francisco, CA 94116, USA. Website: www.sfcac.org
1. Possesses a clear calling from God to pastoral ministry.
2. Possesses godly character and conducts him-/herself in a manner worthy of the Gospel.
3. Subscribes to evangelical beliefs and to the constitution and doctrines of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
4. Possesses the gifts of preaching, teaching, care, and evangelism.
5. Possesses the ability to clearly communicate and connect with other people as well as to serve a congregation of diverse backgrounds.
6. Must be proficient in Cantonese and, preferably, to be able to fluently preach and communicate in English and Mandarin.
7. Graduated from a US evangelical theological seminary with an MDiv degree or an equivalent degree.
8. Possesses at least five years of pastoral experience with at least three years in churches or Christian organizations in North America.
9. Must be a team player with focus on unity.