About the job
Seeking Children Ministry Pastor (1st Grade to 5th Grade)
San Diego Calvary Korean Church Education Department is seeking a part-time/half-time/full-time children’s ministry pastor (Grades 1-5) who can work within the overall church’s vision statement with the supervision of the Education Director to nurture children, equip teachers and educate parents for raising lifelong disciples of Jesus.
Oversee, grow & coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry which includes:
1) Preach and lead weekly Sunday worship services including small groups & bible study
2) Lead Friday Night AWANA program
3) Attend weekly meetings
4) Coordinate seasonal events (VBS, Holy Win, Children’s Day, graduation, etc.)
5) Communication & interaction with Korean parents to assist their children’s spiritual growth
- A minister with the experience of being born again through the Word and the Holy Spirit.
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from an accredited seminary (M.Div or M.A students or higher)
- A servant leader with a heart for the children’s ministry in a Korean American church
- Fluent in English (bilingual in Korean is preferred)
- Strong communication & organizational skills to maintain a healthy relationship with pastors, lay leaders and parents in a Korean-American church context.
- Holistic and a family-centered ministry mindset (parents are a crucial part of the ministry)
1) Resume (with Picture)
2) Cover Letter (Personal Testimony & Personal Vision for Children’s Ministry)
3) One Recent Sermon (video or audio file)
4) Pastoral Recommendations (2)
5) Legal status (permanent residency, citizenship preferred)
Commensurate with skills and experience
Education Director Phillip Han
SAN DIEGO CALVARY KOREAN CHURCH
6970 Linda Vista Rd. San Diego, CA 92111