Junior High Pastor at Sagemont Church
11300 S. Sam Houston Pkwy E
About the job
The Student Ministry Associate/Junior High Minister shall be called of God, adequately trained, and called by the church. The Student Ministry Associate/ Junior High Minister assists the Minister to Students in the ministry to 6th through 8th grade students with an individual emphasis as minister with oversight to 6th through 8th grade students at Sagemont Church. Following leadership of the minister to students for overall vision.
1. Assists in organizing, developing & executing a Sunday morning and midweek worship experience for 7th-12th grade students
2. Prepares and delivers sermons for student services (Could be JHI OR HS)
3. Contacts first-time guests that have visited the student ministry
4. Recruits, trains and develops volunteers to effectively teach God’s Word to students and lead them in small group discussions weekly.
5. Develops and implements a discipleship process for students.
6. Plans, coordinates and executes specific events for JHI students throughout the year.
7. Communicates with leaders to establish the vision and direction of the JHI ministry and overall student ministry.
8. Assists in stewardship of budgeting process for student ministry throughout the budget year.
9. Carries out weekly off campus outreach to JHI students.
10. Other duties assigned by Minister to Students to ensure a healthy ministry for Sagemont Students.