About the job
Together, let's win one more for Christ!
Knowing Christ is at the heart of our mission at Sagebrush Church. We’re a team of fully-devoted followers of Christ who are driven by reaching one more for Jesus and our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a team.
If you have a heart of evangelism, are looking to make a difference for the Kingdom, and thrive on the idea of helping in the transformation of individual lives, we would love to connect with you.
We believe that the teaching, training, and equipping of our next generation is one of the essential callings of each believer. Here's how you’ll contribute in this role:
- We’re committed to spreading God’s love locally, nationally, and internationally; you’ll seek opportunities in a campus community to reach people who are far from Christ.
- Using relational ministry, you'll influence and lead the spiritual growth of others; our goal is for people to fully integrate into the body of the church and build community together.
- You'll focus on developing people who are comfortable sharing the gospel and answering questions to help people grow into their faith and walk with Christ.
- Build something meaningful by enthusiastically recruiting and mentoring a team of group leaders to help with all areas of discipleship.
- Drive initiatives toward new believers so they attend our Next Steps class and walk alongside them as they move closer to God.
- Be an advocate of a group-life culture and check-in on people as they progress at each level of the discipleship pipeline.
Mobilize people to be the hands and feet of Jesus by serving and sharing their gifts in ministry.
- Share your ideas for bringing people together through outreach and social activities, this helps people move from casual attendees to fully-devoted followers of Christ.
- At Sagebrush, you don't need to do this alone if you’ve recently graduated or haven't been in full-time ministry, we will equip you to lead others through our team of mentors who will help you grow in ministry; Mark 1:17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Be a trailblazer when it comes to inspiring others about their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You’ll need to be gripped by the vision to fulfill the Great Commission.
- Hold, or about to attain, a bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry, Christian Studies, or Leadership. Other areas of focus will also be considered, as will volunteer experience.
- Have a natural ability to connect quickly with people, and encourage them to join a service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple competing priorities; yet offers loads of fun while winning one more for Christ.
WHO ARE WE?
Sagebrush is a multisite church with multiple community locations based in Albuquerque, NM, with a thriving online community. Sagebrush remains culturally relevant and biblically pure. We offer a casual environment where people can experience contemporary worship and engage with one another through the teaching of the Bible.
GOOD TO KNOW
During the selection process, Sagebrush Church’s practice is to provide preference to those who attend a weekly service and align with a Staff Covenant and Church Values. We offer an excellent benefits package including paid time-off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and employer-contributed retirement plan. But really, we’re just a fun place to do ministry at!
COME WORK WITH US
Our beliefs and core values are the driving factors for what we do as a church. If you think this role might be for you, check us out online, read our church beliefs, watch a service, and then submit your resume.
Not ready for this step? That’s ok, we have an amazing Apprenticeship Program where people can learn more about ministry.