About the job
A pastor who is passionate about and dedicated to living and teaching in radical coherence with God's story. Someone who is living in awareness of the presence of God and wants to help others do the same. This person will draw others into the contemplative life in Christ, will love Scripture, have a heart for communicating the truths and realities of His Kingdom, and have a gifting to help others come to know, understand, and better experience the abundant life in Christ.
What you will do:
- Retreats Ministry Pastor: Cultivate a vibrant culture of spiritual formation through the practices of Christian disciplines, retreat experiences, and classes that offer visionary depth of insight into the Jesus-centered life. Equip and mobilize Retreat Team volunteers and work with Formation Team Coordinator to observe data, optimize processes, make decisions, and set vision for the Ministry.
- Content Creator and Teacher: Create amazing resources across many platforms that inspire and invite people to experience more deeply Spiritual Formation, Discipleship, and Jesus-centered Living. Design and maximize curriculum for courses that cover various aspects of Spiritual Formation, Discipleship, and Jesus-centered Living. Teach a core component of our new Activate pathway, a four-step journey into living out the purposes in their life.
- Ministries Builder: Collaborate with the Formation team and volunteers to build, launch, and oversee new discipleship initiatives and ministries for our church members, devising and leveraging relational strategies around Activate, app-based Journey strategy, and mentorship/coaching processes.
What you have done:
- You have taken part in formation retreats and created retreat materials in connection with a broader strategy toward cultivating a culture of spiritual formation for a church congregation.
- You have gained sound knowledge of biblical studies, Christian theology, spiritual formation ideas and practices, and Cultural Studies.
- You have solid experience piloting and strengthening collaborative initiatives and ministries for large church environments.
- You have taken ideas and turned them into customizable high impact products in the areas of Christian Formation and Discipleship.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience, seminary degree preferred.
On a given day, you will spend time:
- Digging into God’s truth and creating resources to share with audiences and groups across many platforms.
- Dreaming with other pastors and teams and delivering fresh and inspiring formation initiatives and ministries for church members.
- Discovering opportunities to refresh existing programs and leveraging them to strengthen churchwide formation campaigns.
- Delivering high quality teaching – live or virtual – so people and families can grow stronger in their Jesus-centered lives.
Who you are
- You love God and are passionate about his truth and his purposes for all people.
- You have a proven track record of orchestrating large-scale initiatives for diverse groups.
- You know how to frame issues, ask questions, and communicate compelling content, using your razor-sharp research, writing, and speaking skills.
- You are immersed in biblical theology, Christian disciplines, and contemplative practices and you enjoy collaborating with writers and thought leaders.
- You have a gift for crafting inspiring stories and resources that convey Christian formation ideas and habits simply and beautifully.
- You desire to work in a friendly, fast paced, collaborative environment – Saddleback is one big global family!
- You can work full-time in the office (this is a 100% on-site position, not a hybrid or a remote position).
- You can work some nights and weekends to lead teams, teach people, and facilitate retreats.
What we offer
- Highly competitive benefits plans. Health plans with employee low deductible medical (EPO and PPO), dental, and vision coverage at no cost to the employee. Family coverage starts as low as $250 per month for full health benefits.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Generous holiday and paid time off plans including paid week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.