About the job
We are a church plant in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). We are a young church, seeking to grow a gospel-centered and missional community. As a storytelling church, we strive to present artfully the gospel story through weaving its fabric through every aspect of our liturgy. For more information, visit redeemervc.org.
The worship leader is to help create a singing and worshiping culture and ambiance at Redeemer. As a church centered upon and created in the gospel story, the primary responsibility of the worship leader musically portray the beauty of God’s story of redemption.
Start date: June 1, 2022
Hours and Compensation
- 15-20 hours/week
- Opportunity to grow in hours and compensation, with growth of the church.
- Must align with church’s doctrinal positions — refer to redeemervc.org/what-we-believe.
- Be a faithful member of our church plant team and congregation.
- Strong musicianship with ability to lead worship in singing while playing guitar and/or piano.
- Experience leading worship and volunteers in a church or para-church ministry context.
- Willingness to adjust and adapt to changes involved with life in a church plant.
- Plan, manage, and organize the worship team and ministry.
- Select appropriate songs and hymns for Sunday worship services, in cooperation with the preacher and in consistency to the season (i.e. Advent, Holy Week, etc.) and/or sermon text.
- Musically lead weekly Sunday worship services.
- Assist with organizing and leading any special seasonal services, in addition to Sunday worship services.
- Provide leadership and training for worship team members.
- Oversee and work in cooperation with the work of the AV team.