Youth Ministry Coordinator/Director at Redeemer Presbyterian Church of Orange County
Newport Beach, CA 92660
About the job
Job Title: Youth Ministry Coordinator
Position Details: Part-time, Ministry Staff Position
Provide ministry care, teaching, discipleship, and event/gathering coordination for the students of Redeemer Orange County, as an assistant to the pastors.
- Youth Ministry care
- Provide ministry care for 6th – 12th grade students of Redeemer Orange County.
- Assist the Pastors as they support the youth parents in the discipleship process of their youth age sons and daughters.
- Meet weekly with students to build relationships, support, encourage, read Scripture, and pray (Formally at gatherings and informally/creatively in student’s lives, sports, and schools).
- Keep a contact list of current students.
- Follow up with all new students and actively reach out to friends of students.
o Monthly Youth Studies, Gatherings, & Events
- Coordinate bi-monthly Jr. High & High School studies
- Teach/lead the studies and schedule other teachers/leaders when need be.
- Be responsible for the preparation, set-up, communication and follow-up for all studies, gatherings, and events.
o Seasonal Youth Trips, Retreats, & Camps
- Attend/Lead all seasonal youth trips, retreats, & camps
- Responsible for all the preparation, set-up, and follow-up for all youth trips, retreats, & camps. (Executive Pastor will help with planning and give guidance)
- Monthly meetings with Executive Pastor for oversight and planning.
- Regularly work with and recruit youth ministry volunteers.
- o AdministrativeWork
Schedule and send reminder communication (emails/texts/phone calls) to youth ministry volunteers about youth ministry gatherings.
- Schedule and send reminder communication (emails/texts/phone calls) to youth ministry parents about youth ministry gatherings.
- Design email invitation cards through Paperless Post or Planning Center Registrations for special gatherings, events, and trips, track RSVPs, and follow up with parents.
- Assist the Executive Pastor in the calendar planning and updating of print calendars.
- Collect and retain registration and medical forms for all trips and events.
- Buy food & supplies for all gatherings.
Job Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Proven servant leadership actions.
- Experience in church ministries and youth ministry.
- Good communication skills, especially with both students and parents.
- Strong and respected relationships with families and church members.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships and follow up with students and church visitors.
- Shown and reliable organizational and administrative skills.
- Respects and works well on a team and under authority.
- Faithful to commitments.
- Apprentice mindset.
- Active member of Redeemer Orange County.
- Able to support and agree with the doctrinal standards of Redeemer Orange County.
- Embody a love and support for the local church, her pastors and session.
Supervisor: Executive Pastor Adam Feichtmann
Compensation: The position is a W2 Employee and pays $530 twice a month ($12,720 per year), with an expectation of an average of 10 hours per week.
Mileage: $100 per month mileage stipend.
Time Off: Two weekends off per year. (There are also a few holiday weekends throughout the year, like Christmas and Easter, when we don’t have weekend gatherings.) Time off beyond those weekends will be unpaid.
Start Date: Ideally January 1st, 2024