Ministry Coordinator at Redeemer Community Church
San Francisco, CA
About the job
Redeemer Community Church was planted in 2002 with a mission to embody and bear witness to the redeeming work of God in San Francisco. We are a multi-generational, multi-ethnic church that is rooted in the Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood of San Francisco. Founded with 33 core members and our children, we are today a small committed church community of around 100.
We have been influenced by a wide variety of church traditions. Our denomination is Cumberland Presbyterian, but we also hold Anabaptist convictions. We honor our church's Asian American heritage, but we seek to be multi-ethnic and a truly reconciled community. Our commitment to justice and kingdom economics have been formed by groups such as the Ekklesia Project, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, the Christian Community Development Association, and Fuller Theological Seminary.
Redeemer closely partners with Rise Prep, a middle and high school, and Dayspring Partners, a business who does digital consulting. Both Rise and Dayspring are close partners in the gospel and in ministry to our neighborhood. We share space with both organizations.
About the Position:
This position could be a full or part time position (at least 20 hours/week) and a good fit for someone who needs a pastoral internship or is discerning if God is calling them to ministry on a church staff. We also would welcome someone who wants to support the Lead Pastor and ministry of Redeemer for this year. This person would work closely with the Lead Pastor to lead Redeemer into new ways of ministry and mission required at this time of significant transition in our congregation and in our society as a whole. We need a staff member who can:
- Engage in creative/ outside the box thinking alongside the Lead Pastor and be able to see details and implement vision that comes out of this thinking
- Take responsibility for large chunks of church life and ministry without having to work out all the details with the Lead Pastor
- Carry administrative details with a ministry mindset
- Disciple groups and individuals, track pastoral needs and address them
- Develop and demonstrate cultural competency with an AAPI context in our congregation and an AAPI, Black and Hispanic context in our larger community.
The position would include part or all of the following, depending on whether it is full or part time:
DISCIPLESHIP / FORMATION
Coordinate Children and/or Youth Ministries
- Check in regularly with leaders of each ministry to make sure they have what they need
- Consult with or provide curriculum as needed
- Watch out to ensure team has members it needs, members have sustainable rhythms
- Coordinate announcements for Sundays and weekly email
- Write and publish announcements in weekly email and website
- Give announcements on Sundays
- Manage Redeemer Calendar
- Manage Redeemer Website
- Oversee volunteers who watch out for facility needs
- Coordinate usage of space with Rise Prep and Dayspring Partners. This could include maintaining a space usage calendar, communicating with both organizations about janitorial needs, coordinating teams to break down and set up classrooms into sanctuary space, maintenance and use of outside space.
- Initiate and implement ways Redeemer can do ministry with Rise Prep. This could include coordinating and equipping tutors, coordinating snacks for students, reaching out to families, or other ministry ideas.
Redeemer is following all city and state guidelines related to COVID-19. We have been worshipping and meeting mostly via zoom with some outdoor gatherings. We are just beginning to invite some of our congregation to a hybrid in person and zoom service.
If you are interested, email our Lead Pastor, Cindi Fong, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let her know why you are interested, what you think of our vision and how you could fit in, and what you sense you could offer Redeemer. Please include a resume.