About the job
Red Bank Baptist Church in Chattanooga, TN, is seeking a full-time Discipleship Pastor. Red Bank exists to Point People to Jesus one conversation at a time. As a Southern Baptist Church, we hold to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Our church consists of multiple campuses and a congregation of around 1,000 in attendance on Sunday mornings. Though we have different places to meet, we are one church with multiple campuses sharing a unified mission and vision. We believe everyone deserves a chance to hear the redemptive good news of Jesus Christ’s birth, death, and resurrection. We know this will only happen if God’s people are actively going out into the world and sharing the Gospel with people they meet.
Led by Pastor Sam Greer, Ph.D., Red Bank Baptist Church is built upon the fact that followers of Christ are called to point people to Jesus. Pastor Sam teaches this belief by challenging the congregation to engage the world in Gospel Conversations. Pastor Sam places a high priority on God’s Word, and our church is gospel-centered in all we do.
We are seeking a man with the heart of a pastor and a passion for developing life-changing connections through discipleship opportunities within the local church. We are theologically thoughtful in our approach to ministry and desire someone who will help people grow deep in their relationship with Christ and fellow Christians while equipping them to have gospel conversations and point unbelievers to Christ. We are also looking for a man motivated to develop leaders, build relationships, and form teams.
Aspires to the office of a pastor and desires to be a shepherd in the local church.
Gifted by God as both a pastor, developer, and discipler of people.
Growing love for God: marked by love for the Word, prayer, and obedience.
Growing love for the body: marked by unity, service, and submission to the authority of the church.
Growing love for the lost: marked by prayer for, relationships with, and evangelism of unbelievers.
Joyful, humble, and teachable.
Preferably has 5+ years of experience in a large church.
Gifted to lead others to connect and care for one another through assimilation and groups ministry.
Preferably has Master of Divinity.
Effective in recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing others to serve and lead.
Skilled in Bible study and able to teach the Bible.
Knows and can teach sound doctrine.
Proven track record of personal disciple-making, particularly with those on his ministry teams
Connects with a broad range of people from different ages and backgrounds.
Relational, with healthy EQ and strong interpersonal skills.
Versatile, flexible, and able to adapt to changes.
Subscribes to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
The role of the Discipleship Pastor (DP) is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of Red Bank Baptist Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Associate Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Red Bank and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, and values. The DP will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at our campuses by meeting people where they are and pointing them to their next steps in Christ. The DP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend guest services, Life Groups, E3 groups, volunteer teams, and the assimilation of new members.
The Discipleship Pastor will be responsible for:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Red Bank Baptist Church. The PC should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The DP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The DP strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
• Committing to a daily quiet time with God.
• Participating in a Life Group on a regular basis.
• Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
• Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
• Supporting the ministries of Red Bank Baptist Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
• Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Red Bank employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
2. Oversight and Execution of First Impressions
Responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests and provides the next steps toward group connection and spiritual growth:
• Leading, equipping, and empowering guest services volunteers (ushers/greeters/traffic ministry/etc.) in providing high-impact first impressions.
• Removing roadblocks from a newcomer’s experience in all campus services.
• Providing volunteer team with current guest services best practices from innovative customer service-focused organizations.
• Ensuring that kiosks, booths, signage, and key areas are clear, current, and focused on new people.
• Planning and overseeing guest reception events.
• Ensuring that the guest services team answers questions and provides remarkable customer service on a consistent basis.
• Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure newcomers are plugged into campus ministries.
3. Oversight and Execution of Discipleship and Groups Strategy
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help people move from visiting to connecting to growing to multiplying:
• Developing a systematic and effective effort to generate interest in small groups (sign-up areas, brochures, stories, all-church promotions, webpage, etc).
• Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
• Oversees all Adult discipleship programs, which includes our Sunday morning Bible studies (Life Groups) and our Discipleship Groups (E3 Groups).
• Recruit, train, and equip current and future group leaders and oversee curriculum selection.
• Provide leadership to Next Gen staff (Student and College Pastors), ensuring cohesive discipleship and group strategy from cradle through college.
4. Oversight and Execution of Connection Volunteer Teams
The DP leads people in discovering their God-given gifts and helps them plug into a ministry by:
• Creating an environment and system that is conducive for plugging new people into ministry.
• Recruiting, training, and empowering volunteer team members.
• Championing the leadership development strategy for volunteers.
• Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
• Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
• Collaborate on videos, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, etc., with the Communications team about serving in our ministries.
• Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
This is a full-time, salaried position, including retirement, HSA, and benefits.
REASONS TO LOVE LIFE IN CHATTANOOGA
Chattanooga is absolutely stunning – nestled between mountains with a winding river to boot. This city is growing rapidly and attracts amazing people who are real, genuine, and some of the most caring, generous, and hospitable people you could ever meet.
Chattanoogans are the kind of people you can do life with – the community here is truly special. We believe God is moving in this place, and you can feel it. We don’t know exactly what He has planned for this city but based on the people already here and the other world-changers who feel inexplicably drawn here, we can’t help to assume it’s going to be BIG - the city is ripe for harvest!
Chattanooga has transformed from an old industrial town into a thriving modern city. We are quickly becoming a startup haven (did you know we have the fastest internet in the world?). What else? You cannot find a city with a better cost of living for the amenities offered than Chattanooga.
On top of its affordability, Chattanooga’s prime location on the Tennessee-Georgia border gives residents quick access to several southern cities. It’s within three hours of Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, and Huntsville! The Chattanooga metro is also home to over half a million people and has been growing in population over the last 10 years. Plus, there have been more young professionals and families moving to Chattanooga because of its affordable housing market for young home buyers, great job opportunities, and plentiful outdoor activities!
If you love music, film, and other theatrics, look no further than Chattanooga’s theaters for your entertainment! Catch theatrical productions, comedy shows, and community events at Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium. Attend concerts and popular Broadway musicals like Cats and Les Miserables at the historic Tivoli Theatre. Watch plays like The Scarlet Letter and The Tempest performed by a local cast at Ensemble Theatre of Chattanooga.
Finally, Chattanooga boasts some of the best public, private, and Christian schools around, in addition to higher education institutions.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2670