Youth & Outreach Pastor at Reconciliation Church
South Holland, IL
About the job
Our Youth and Outreach Pastor will be a spiritual leader who is gifted in teaching and has a passion to influence teenagers to live for Jesus Christ, and to engage youth culture for transformation through social media, media arts, and performing arts. They will develop a strong understanding of our unique DNA and will work to seamlessly align the goals of our children’s, youth, and outreach ministry into the overall mission and vision of the church.
The Youth and Outreach Pastor will oversee the administration and implementation of the church’s children’s ministry program. Also, serve as the liaison between the church and McKinley Elementary School while coordinating a mentorship program that targets their students. The successful candidate will be able to express and share their thoughts of what a vibrant and healthy children and teen ministry looks like, work well with strong pastoral leadership, and be accountable. They will be passionate about their call to ministry and demonstrate a willingness to engage in the lives of students and their families.
The Youth and Outreach Pastor will oversee all outreach initiatives locally, nationally, and globally. This role requires a missional and outwardly focused leader with a passion to see the local church make an impact in the community, share the Gospel, and reach the world for Christ. This aspect of the role will focus on four (4) main areas: relational partnership development, leadership and organizational development, volunteer mobilization, and compassion and outreach. The ideal applicant will create a foundation for local and global ministry Gospel impact.
The successful candidate will have a history of experience as a strong communicator, with a background in recruiting, leading teams, and developing leaders. Also, they will embrace working in a grace-oriented setting committed to reaching the unchurched and developing relationships with community schools and organizations.
This staff member will report to the Executive Pastor.
· Identify or develop age-appropriate Gospel-centered curriculum for children’s ministry and a standard program agenda for Sunday morning children’s church; one which has continuity through childhood development and has a clear spiritual goal.
· Plan, prepare, and organize for children’s ministry and volunteers for Sunday services.
· Coordinate the Sunday morning children’s ministry: from set-up to clean-up, ensuring the child safety policy is followed and all volunteers have had background checks in accordance with the law and Reconciliation Church’s abuse policy.
· Oversee volunteer application processing, interviewing, and scheduling.
· Organize and coordinate children’s ministry training and twice a year outing.
· Maintain children’s ministry information within the church’s management system.
· Coordinate with the Director of Worship Arts to ensure that children are involved in special services through the year (e.g., holiday services).
· Coordinate two (2) church-approved children’s outings per year.
· Serve as liaison to McKinley Elementary School while overseeing after-school
programming in the church’s facility.
· Disciple teens and adult volunteers while providing pastoral care.
· Recruit and train a team of volunteers to assist in leading the ministries.
· Develop or identify Gospel-centered discipleship curriculum for children and youth.
· Provide spiritual oversight of youth ministry.
· Recruit, mentor, shepherd youth leaders.
· Provide online apologetic content for youth on church social media platforms.
· Provide regular culturally relevant ministry through onsite video and/or live stream recordings targeting youth to address their demographic struggles and challenges to their Christian faith apologetically.
· Plan, organize, recruit and lead monthly gathering where teens can express themselves to the glory of Jesus Christ through performing arts, visual arts, fellowship, encouragement as well as grow spiritually.
· Partner with parents by creating a discipling culture and providing them with support and resources.
· Mentoring future leaders called to ministry.
· Lead the development of an on-going and invitational Life Group, or Growth Group, community for teen youth.
· Work with a team to create strategy around local outreach, ministry partnerships, village and school partnerships, and congregational mobilization.
· Recruit, train, and mentor volunteers to support the outreach ministry.
· Communicate regularly with outreach volunteers regarding events and serving opportunities.
· Lead, plan, and execute outreach events (at least 4 per year) for congregational involvement.
· Complete “Impact Reports” following outreach events for ongoing partnerships.
· Develop an Outreach Core Team, building and maintaining relationships with all volunteers.
· Develop and maintain relationships with community stakeholders and partners.
· Develop and oversee the annual outreach budget (expense tracking & reporting).
· Develop and oversee the church’s annual budget for local causes and global missions.
· Communicate faithfully with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, and staff.
· Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
· Crisis relief: oversee the distribution of resources, mobilization of volunteers, and partnership with various disaster relief ministries; creating a readiness plan.
· Global outreach: establish relationships with ministry partners around the world and serve those we are in relationship with through engagement and a healthy schedule of field visitation.
· Create a “playbook” for our international strategy; oversee all global mission trips.
· Capable to supplement the preaching team and deliver messages in the main services 3- 5 times in a year.
Personal Characteristics / Qualifications / Skill Sets:
· Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
· Live a life consistent with the qualities laid out in 1 Timothy 3.
· Five to ten (5-10) years of experience working with youth in a leadership capacity.
· Dependable, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative.
· Proven ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
· Lead a youth ministry that is deep and wide. Reach targeted unchurched and de- churched teens and intentionally disciple them in the way of Christ.
· Leads a life of following Christ and has life/work balance in marriage, parenting, and friendships.
· An effective communicator that reaches an audience of all ages.
· Be an effective recruiter of leaders and volunteers for youth ministry.
· Possess the capability of turning strategy into creative execution, to create and develop systems to build a successful children’s and youth ministry based on changing lives.
· Relational, with a friendly and approachable disposition.
· Possess a teachable and coachable spirit, good teamwork skills, gracious and positive attitude—a sense of humor, a plus.
· Comfortable receiving feedback from within a collaborative team.
· Growing emotional intelligence and awareness of strengths and weaknesses.
· A passion for developing, equipping, and propelling both individual leaders and teams.
· Commitment to the mission, vision, core values, and beliefs of Reconciliation Church.
· If married, your spouse will be a strong partner in the ministry.
· Membership in Reconciliation Church is required.
How To Apply
Please send the following three (3) items to be considered for this full-time position:
1. Résumé with cover letter
2. Two-minute video introducing yourself and your philosophy of ministry.
3. Links to a recent video message of you preaching / teaching.
Compensation: salary 65K; benefits of medical insurance, bonuses, paid vacation time and holidays.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.