Clinical Psychologist at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
Downey, CA 90242
About the job
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST II (Part-time position)
The Psychology Department at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center in Downey, California is seeking a licensed psychologist to join our team to provide assessment, treatment, and clinical consultation to our unique patient population.
· Under general supervision, serves as a staff psychologist at the full professional level by applying psychological principles in the following major areas: assessment, treatment, training, clinical consultation and research.
· As a member of a professional, multidisciplinary team, plans treatment programs and disposition of cases, including identifying treatment outcomes and provides consultation to other medical providers in the management of psychological and behavioral aspects of medical conditions.
· Performs direct service activities including diagnostic evaluation, structured clinical interviewing, and individual, group, and family therapy.
· Generates reports of diagnostic and psychological findings and/or treatment recommendations.
· Intervenes with clients to enhance their ability to fully participate in rehabilitation and medical treatment, including defining treatment goals and designing intervention strategies that support recovery and resiliency.
· Obtains and studies medical, psychological, social, and family histories by interviewing individuals, couples, or families and reviewing relevant records.
· Provides technical guidance and instruction to interns and license-waivered psychologists.
· Selects, administers, and interprets a wide variety of psychological testing instruments in connection with the diagnosis and evaluation of clients with psychiatric and co-occurring disorders.
· Utilizes a variety of treatment modalities such as psychotherapy, behavior modification, cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing and various evidence-based practices.
· Participates in an advisory capacity in the screening of new professional personnel in psychology, including trainees or psychology interns.
· Experience in Rehabilitation Psychology or Rehabilitation Care
· Experience in hospital or clinical setting
· Experience in neuropsychological assessment
· Ability to provide all psychological services in Spanish
· Available to work two days a week, Monday – Friday, day shift
Candidates must have a Doctorate from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Educational Psychology, Education with the field of specialization in Counseling Psychology, or in a discipline deemed equivalent by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Psychology. Must have a license to practice as a Psychologist issued by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Psychology. The most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to:
Aida Saldivar, Ph.D., ABPP (RP), QME
Interim Chief, Psychology Department
Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center
7601 Imperial Highway, Downey, CA90242
562-385-6314 or 562-385-8187
Email: [email protected]
Cover letter and CV’s will be accepted until the needs of the department are met.
**This is not a civil service examination**