About the job
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Pension, Parsonage, Continuing Education Funds, Vacation, Sick Leave, Mileage Reimbursement
POINT OF CONTACT: Eric Knapp, 641-208-0300
Pulaski Mennonite Church views the role of the pastor to be the spiritual leader encompassing four main roles: shepherd, teacher, leader, and servant.
Reports to the Deacons & Church Council. An annual evaluation is completed with pay raises recommended as appropriate. Primarily operates with considerable independence within areas of responsibility described below:
- Preparing and preaching weekly sermons and conducting worship services.
- Interpreting biblical scripture for the congregation and teaching Bible studies.
- Providing care and counseling or referrals to church members and assisting them in crisis situations.
- Moderating, administrating, recruiting and training leaders, and supervising church ?volunteers/ staff.
- Preforming pastoral duties such as visiting hospitals, pre-marital counseling, officiating weddings and funerals, and living among the community.
- Providing direction, support and assistance to ministry groups and leaders.
- In general to carry out all the directive of the church council.
- Articulate and promote the vision and mission of our church to the congregation and community.
- In sync with other church committees, inspire, train, support, and guide members to use their spiritual gifts in ministries to the church and community.
- Challenge and encourage members to tend to the needs of the sick and needy in the church and community.
- Research and introduce ideas, resources, and programs to further the ministers and effectiveness of our church (Pastoral care, membership, outreach, children’s ministries, youth and adult ministries, etc.)
- Train elders, deacon and other leaders in providing pastoral care, leading in prayer or worship, teaching, outreach, etc.,