Female Youth Ministry Lead at Presbyterian Church of the Master
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
About the job
JOB TITLE: Youth Ministry Female Lead
The Youth Ministry Female Lead is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of Youth Ministries programs, trips and relational ministry. The Youth Ministry Female Lead will work with both male and female students, while placing an emphasis on female students.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Department: Youth Ministries
Reports To: Director of Youth Ministries
Schedule: Full Time 40 h/week
- Program Development and Execution: Work with the Director of Youth Ministries to plan and execute program, overnight short-term mission trips and camps, and relational ministry. Examples: midweek program, small groups, hangouts.
- Relational Ministry: Build relationships with students, mentoring them in their walks with Jesus including, but not limited to, working with parents and guardians to best mentor students and families. Examples: visiting students at school, planning off-campus activities, communicating directly with students and families.
- Teaching: Prepare and execute age-appropriate biblical teaching, in both large group and small group settings, under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Youth Ministries.
- Support to Director: Assist the Director of Youth Ministries in ministry initiatives and work to increase connection between the youth ministry and the larger congregation.
- Other Duties: Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
o Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of experience and training.
o Must have a strong faith in Jesus Christ and a passion for his Church.
o Deep love and understanding of junior high and high school aged youth.
o Passion and insight to minister to youth and their families.
o Fun-loving, energetic, and a sense of humor.
o Proven spiritual leader and mentor for youth and families.
o Work cooperatively and effectively in teams.
o Ability and willingness to learn technology as needed.
o Ability to support all aspects of a busy ministry team.
o Adapt well to change.
o A love for God’s word as expressed in the Bible and a desire to learn more about the Bible.
o Appropriate boundaries when dealing with youth.
o Communicate well with and relate to others with differing views and backgrounds.
o Understanding of all mandatory reporting requirements.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position primarily works in an office environment. Requires frequent sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balancing, stooping and occasional climbing.
- Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Director of Youth Ministries, based upon the accomplished objectives and goals of the job description.
This position is full-time with medical benefits.