About the job
The Youth Pastor must be committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and to inspire and lead youth and their families to follow Jesus.
• Oversee the development, management and growth of the Youth Ministry.
• Lead the youth in an active, dynamic and growing ministry.
• Develop, manage and grow the Youth Ministry (Middle School, High School, Young Adults 18-28)
• Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer staff
• Grow the Youth Ministry in quantity and quality of relationship to Christ
• Select curricula, teaching materials and teaching staff for the Youth Ministry
• Create a Youth Ministry that partners with parents promoting the spiritual growth of their
children, rather than supplanting it. Equip parents to disciple their children.
• Implement a ministry process where the youth are assimilated into the whole life of the church,
encouraging youth to serve side by side with adults in a variety of ministries and lead multiple
aspects of worship service
• Develop a discipleship ministry where youth are discipled by individual youth leaders
• Plan and develop one Sunday morning or Sunday night youth gathering per week, special events
• Minister to youth currently in the church, encouraging youth to invite friends to grow their sphere of influence
• Emphasize attendance from youth and their families in our surrounding communities
• Plan and manage the budget for the Youth Ministry
• Display Christian maturity to youth, their families, volunteers in the Youth Ministry and to all people of Portland Community Church
• Model leadership and display strong interpersonal skills to effectively minister, recruit, disciple and team with others
• Develop and strengthen ministry teams to secure skilled volunteer engagement
• Demonstrate flexibility by actively supporting a wide and changing variety of initiatives and programs at Portland Community Church
• Assist as requested with preaching in the worship services.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1899