Part-Time Temporary Associate Pastor at Pasadena Presbyterian Church
Pasadena, CA 91101
About the job
To supplement the work of the Senior Pastor (Head of Staff)) in the ministry of Jesus
Christ in providing worship leadership, spiritual leadership, pastoral care, and direction to the congregation with special emphasis on the ministries of Deacons, Christian Education, Outreach, and Mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To assist in worship leadership as requested by the Senior Pastor (Head of Staff)
and in cooperation with the a lector and a liturgist.
2. To provide pastoral leadership to the Board of Deacons.
3. To oversee the Young Adult program.
4. To lead the Outreach Committee in planning and implementing programof new member recruitment and integration.
5. To advise the Adult Education Committee on curriculum, events, and
6. To provide mission outreach advice to the Mission Committee and the
Local Mission Committee.
7. To assist in pastoral care as needed through visits to the hospitals and nursing
homes in coordination with the Senior Pastor (Head of Staff).
8. Participates in weekly staff meetings.
9. To lead Sunday morning worship when the Senior Pastor (Head of Staff) is on