Worship Arts Production Director at Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Parker, CO 80138
About the job
Parker Evangelical Presbyterian Church, “PEPC”, is a midsized community church in the reformed tradition located in Parker, CO. By holding fast to the core values of being biblically anchored, relationally oriented, intergenerationally comprised, and missionally focused, we exist to help others who are spiritually hungry turn from their sin, become like Christ, and share God’s transforming Word with the world.
At PEPC we believe that the reason each of us were created and called into relationship with our good and gracious God is to offer our lives back to Him in worship; we believe He is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him. As such, our times of gathered worship play a pivotal role in our connection to God, our spiritual formation, and our community.
The Production Director is responsible for all elements of production in the areas of audio, video, lighting, media, and video broadcasting with the goal of producing excellent experiences at Sunday services and other church events. The Production Director participates on a leadership team that facilitates meaningful worship experiences in an authentic and relational way.
1. Produce excellent and distraction-free services and events.
• Oversee proper operation of audio, lighting, media, and video broadcast equipment.
• Work with the Video Production and Broadcast volunteers on Sunday mornings to create an excellent video broadcast experience.
• Create and model a culture that strives for excellence and regular improvement.
• Develop and implement new technology and resources that improve Sunday morning experiences.
• Troubleshoot and fix any issues that may arise during Sunday morning experiences or during the week.
• Oversee stage design.
• Serve on Worship Design Team along with Pastors and worship/tech staff to plan and prepare for services and events.
• Prepare and manage ProPresenter and media computers.
• Oversee and schedule all Worship Tech volunteers (FOH audio engineers, ProPresenter operators, Video/Lighting technicians, Broadcast audio engineers). Recruit to fill open spots.
2. Provide direct supervision to Staff and Key Volunteers
• Provide leadership and training to develop existing staff and volunteers to effectively oversee excellent production quality and help them learn to troubleshoot problems when they occur.
• Provide resources needed by existing staff and volunteers.
• Ensure weekly service evaluation and improvement are taking place.
3. Develop and train volunteers
• Work with staff and volunteers to help each team member grow and develop.
• Recruit and develop volunteers to provide full scheduled teams.
• Develop role descriptions and responsibilities for each area of the team.
• Establish processes and systems that help team members create a consistently high-quality experience.
4. Manage Equipment
• Oversee the purchase, maintenance, and operation of all audio, video broadcast, lighting, and media production equipment.
• Develop detailed knowledge of operation and integration of all equipment.
• Assess current and future technology needs and create acquisition strategies.
• Put measures in place to ensure that equipment and supplies are secured against damage, loss, or theft.
• Work to establish setup and tear-down procedures for volunteers to ensure timely start and departure times.
• Work to establish and maintain an inventory of equipment across all locations.
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Fully committed to following Jesus.
• Embrace change and can adapt quickly with a “we can do anything” attitude.
• Make things better through critical but kind evaluating and improving processes.
• Able to demonstrate initiative, figure it out, follow-through, and get it done.
• Approach challenges with a creative solutions-focused mindset.
• Like to laugh, have fun and enjoy celebrating.
• A hungry learner and a track record of leading yourself well.
• Proficiency in worship technologies: ProPresenter, Byron, Dante, Ableton, ProTools/Logic (or other Industry Standard Recording Software) FOH Engineering, Broadcast Audio Engineering, video streaming protocols, etc.
• Experience leading staff and teams of volunteers.
• Experience directing production in a church context. [preferred]
• 3-5 Years of industry experience. [preferred]
Position Type: Full-time preferred, Dual placement considered
Salary Range: $50,000 - $65,000 annual, plus benefits
Benefits: Eligible for health insurance, 403b retirement, paid time off, flexible schedule
• Ability to lift items weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to work in tight spaces
• Ability to work evening hours when requested
• Ability to work most weekends throughout the year