Youth Pastor/Minister to Youth at Park Street Church
Boston, MA 02108
About the job
Park Street Church, a dynamic fellowship located in the heart of Boston, is seeking a Youth Pastor to oversee our ministry for students in grades 7-12. The ideal candidate can demonstrate success in connecting with youth and will take a creative and energetic approach to engaging young people from across Greater Boston through a variety of activities.
Park Street Church (“PSC”), founded in 1809, is a large thriving evangelical church in downtown Boston, with a membership of 1200 and about 25 staff members. Given our location in Boston, PSC recognizes the opportunities for gospel ministry in the Boston area and we are seeking to grow in our connection with the city. We also have a strong global missions program with many missionaries around the globe. We are committed to life-giving biblical proclamation, to transformative relationships with one another across generations and ethnicities, and to faithful worship of the triune God. We understand that Christ has called us to live out the gospel using our heads, hearts, and hands. Our staff are committed to serving one another as we serve Christ. We meet weekly for a time of prayer and engagement in the Scripture, and we believe in the importance of collaboration for faithful ministry.
· Work alongside deacons, elders, and the Minister to Families to oversee the spiritual formation of youth from 7th through 12th grade.
· Provide orthodox biblical instruction in matters of faith, life and practice.
· Model and raise the value of a Christ-centered lifestyle for the youth of PSC.
· Pray regularly for our youth, parents, and volunteers.
· Seek out and develop mentoring and discipleship relationships with students.
· Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth as needed.
· Be present in the lives of students by going to their events and houses (as invited).
· Recruit, train, and equip youth volunteer team.
· Oversee youth meetings, retreats, Bible studies, mission projects, Sunday morning classes and other programs.
· Manage and balance the youth ministry budget.
· Develop partnerships with other city youth workers and schools.
· Develop a strategy for local outreach and missions.
· Ensure the youth room and all designated spaces are maintained and in good order.
· Assist in general pastoral duties in worship services and congregational care.
· Participate in staff and ministry team meetings.
· Establish a supportive, collaborative relationship with parents via regular communication.
The Minister to Youth will report to the Minister to Families.
· A clear testimony to a saving, sanctifying and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Exemplify obedience to the Word of God and devotion to a deep-rooted prayer life as evidenced by loving, grace-filled personal relationships.
· A seminary degree.
· Experience and a heart (calling) for working with youth.
· A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for the youth ministry.
· Possessing strong relational skills with youth, parents and staff.
· A strong exegete of popular culture and gifted in discussing sensitive issues of gender and sexuality that confront youth today.
· A commitment to team ministry.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
· Strong technology skills (e.g. Microsoft office and video editing) with a vision for designing entertaining ways for students to learn and engage.
· Experience planning events and activities.
· Experience recruiting and equipping ministry team volunteers.
· Be in agreement with the Park Street Church Statement of Faith and Policy on Marriage.
· Be comfortable working in a church that practices infant and believer baptism and includes male and female leaders, elders, and pastors.
· Once hired, become a member of Park Street Church.
Salary and Benefits
· Salary commensurate with experience.
· Housing and parking downtown a possibility.
· Health Insurance and HSA.
· 403B Retirement Plan.
Park Street Church
1 Park St
Boston, Massachusetts 02108