Family Pastor at Park Church
Tinton Falls, NJ
About the job
Park Church Family Pastor Role Description
Church: Park Church
Denomination: Non-Denominational / Missional
Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Reports to: Lead Pastor
About the Family Pastor role:
The Family Pastor at Park Church will be the passionate heart, strategic mind, and driving force behind the discipleship of Park Church’s children, youth and families.
In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, staff, coordinators, and other key volunteers, the person in this role will be responsible for developing, implementing, leading, and refining a comprehensive discipleship strategy for Park families with kids from birth through college.
The family pastor will be driven by questions like these: How can parents be best equipped to foster a discipleship culture in their homes? How can we empower families to live on mission? How can we create safe, fun, and formative environments where young children, middle schoolers, high schoolers, and college students come to know, trust, and follow Jesus?
Meet Park Church: At Park Church, we follow Jesus.
During the winter of 2002, a small number of Christians in Red Bank, NJ began to dream together about how they could share the love and good news of Jesus with high school kids who did not yet know him. This turned into a multi-generational Christian community called Outreach Red Bank (ORB). In 2014, under the power of God’s Spirit, ORB transformed into Park Church as it found a new home at 31 Park Road in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Today, as a growing community of Jesus-followers comprised largely of young families, Park Church is looking ahead to an exciting future. Having recently been joined by a small, faithful, local church who has generously donated their property/building, Park is excitedly discerning how God might be inviting them to uniquely and faithfully bear witness to Jesus in Monmouth County.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Provide pastoral, strategic, and organizational leadership, coordination, training and support of staff, coordinators, and volunteers for:
- Park Kids Program
- Middle School Group
- High School Group
- College Group Programs
- Review and evaluate the accessibility and effectiveness of all next-gen curriculum.
- Lead and coordinate special events and serve on teams for church-wide events
- Facilitate the meaningful integration of kids, youth, and families into other spheres of life and ministry in Park Church (Sunday morning worship, service opportunities, Community Groups, etc.).
- Develop annual ministry objectives and goals in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and consistent with the mission and vision of Park Church.
- Serve on a leadership team to help create and lead an adoption/foster support ministry.
- Be willing and able to teach/preach.
Areas of proficiency and confidence:
- Recruiting, training, and equipping volunteer leaders
- Teaching children and students
- Equipping and mentoring parents
- Caring for parents, teens, and/or children in crisis situations
- Developmental stages of children and teens
- Collaborating with a team
- Strategic planning
- Creating safe, fun, and formative environments for children and students
- Budget, facility and time management and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Verbal communication
Seminary Education (preferably MDiv)
3 years in a full-time pastoral work in children and/or youth ministry.
At least 5 years of total ministry experience.
- A commitment to lead from a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus and a place of health in marriage/family or singleness
- A deep sense of calling to pastoral ministry
- A trusted, pastoral resource for parents and an inspiration for children and youth
- Credibility with parents and knowledgeable about the challenges they face
- Spiritually and theologically mature, a partner in visioning with the Lead Pastor
- Faithful, funny, inspirational, good listener, counselor, approachable to children of all ages
- Able to establish, measure, and iterate on process and procedures
- Excel at leading and developing leaders
- The ability to relate to others with emotional intelligence
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.