About the job
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP MINISTRIES
- Part-time position at 20 to 25 hrs per week, including Sundays and some special events on Saturdays or weeknights (limited).
- Possible opportunity for full-time status may be available with other duties added to role, as matched with giftings and necessity.
- Reports to Lead Pastor.
The Director of Worship Ministries position is a part-time position (20 to 25 hours per week) responsible for leading and equipping our church in musical worship.
- Ensure that all Sunday Services, Religious Holidays, and other Special Events have musical worship as requested.
- Recruit and oversee worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists.
- Recruit and oversee tech ministry (sound, and livestream teams).
- Manage scheduling of volunteers and teams, using Planning Center.
- Manage Worship Facilities Specialist.
- Oversee and manage worship budget, maintenance and purchase of necessary equipment.
- Oversee worship for Youth & Children’s ministries in conjunction with leadership within these ministries. Support these leaders in recruitment, supervision and equipping these volunteers.
Strong Musical Skills:
- Advanced skills in singing lead, able to sing in tune and is clearly heard by an audience using a microphone.
- Ability to play more than one instrument well, is preferred.
- Ability to play guitar and/or piano well, is required.
- Ability to lead a band, give signals/cues, give musical direction on song dynamics, style, and overall execution.
- Knowledge of music theory, as applies to contemporary worship music, is required.
- Desire to improve and maintains overall quality musicianship in the worship experience.
- Strong calling or heart for worship ministry, plus desire and ability to lead others on the worship team:
- Previous experience leading worship, leading a band and leading rehearsals for Church Services.
- Encourage, pray for, and support members of the team as needed. Though this role is not a pastor position, shepherding/caring for members of the team is needed for the health of the worship team and ministry.
- Inspire the congregation to engage deeply in worship through song and exhortation both while on the stage leading worship and off the stage as a staff member of the church.
- Host workshops & trainings, either by leading it yourself or by inviting outside speakers to equip worship team members in their craft.
- Plan a worship set well, prayerfully discerning themes, matching them to the sermon if appropriate and being aware of musical flow and energy.
- Communicate worship set, flow and “song map” to worship team.
- Run rehearsals both during the week and before church services begin.
- Work with, equip, & empower other worship leaders within the congregation to lead their teams on Sundays and special services.
- Google Suite and software needed for worship teams, such as Worshipteam.com, Songselect, Planning Center / Services. Familiar with how music systems work regarding sound production and gear.
- Working knowledge of band equipment and systems: Able to lead and guide the team with regards to instrument and equipment care and use within a band.
- Able to work with tech teams to purchase and maintain equipment.
- Continues to learn and improve as a worship leader. Is teachable, flexible, humble, and able to receive constructive criticism with grace for oneself and others.
Languages: While English is our primary spoken language, we value diversity in our cultures & ethnicities. We incorporate other languages into our services from time to time. Also, if you are able to lead worship songs in Spanish, or are bilingual in Spanish this is a great plus!
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.