Director of Kids Ministries at Pacific Crossroads Church
Santa Monica, CA; hybrid
About the job
Work closely with the Director of Family Ministry in providing leadership, vision, and overseeing programs for PCC Kids. The Director of Kids Ministries must be highly relational, creative, and have experience recruiting, developing, and managing volunteers. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for Jesus Christ and a passion to bring kids and families closer to Jesus.
- Work with the Family Ministries team to strategize and implement the Vision and Mission.
- Create and implement a clear philosophy of ministry and strategy.
- Develop a strategy for a healthy and intentional discipleship structure.
- Provide executive oversight for the PCC Kids Team (serving infants - 5th Grade).
- Work with the Family Ministries team to work on special events, the annual budget, and general administration.
- Evaluate, edit, and prepare all curriculum content and supplies as needed for weekly lessons.
- Coordinate all elements to ensure weekly programs run smoothly and efficiently.
- Plan and execute special events for children and families to further the growth strategy and for fellowship.
- Update and maintain database (TouchPoint) pertaining to Kids Ministry.
- Prepare and print weekly class rosters and record weekly attendance.
- Follow up with new families and families that have been absent for a period of time.
- Work with the Family Ministry team to recruit, train, develop, lead, and build a community to further grow the ministry.
- On-board, schedule, support, and care for the personal and spiritual health of the volunteer teams. Be available and able to step into any volunteer role as needed.
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings.
- Serve as an active member of the PCC team, contributing to the overall ministry and supporting church-wide programs and events as needed.
- Attend adult services as outlined by the Director of Family Ministries.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord.
- Adhere to all policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist the team with other duties as required.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purpose of Pacific Crossroads Church (Colossians 3:23, 24).
- Minimum Education - Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead volunteers
- Relational, teachable, administrative, and creative
- Ability to learn different platforms/apps used for ministry
- Excellent people skills and ability to remain calm and flexible under pressure
- Prefer 3+ years of experience in kids ministry
Because of the confidential nature of individual membership records, background checks, and much of the correspondence of staff, it is absolutely essential that the Ministry Support Staff respect this confidence.