About the job
Overlake Christian Church
Worship Pastor Job Description
Job Title: Worship Pastor
Department: Experience Team
Reports To: Co-Lead Pastor
Supervised By: Neely McQueen (she/her)
FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt
Prepared Date: December 2020
Overlake is pursuing beloved unity as a multi-ethnic, multi-generational, non-denominational church whose vision is to “Advance the Kingdom of God by seeing everyone, everywhere – experience and be transformed by the Love of God.”
Attributes of a Successful Candidate
· Demonstrates love for God and a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· A proven track leading church worship, or comparable worship leading experience
· A leader who pursues excellence
· Leads and serves with humility and integrity
· Able to recruit, lead and shepherd a multi-ethnic, multi-generational worship team
· A proven reproducer, both of worship leaders and Christ followers
· Vocal and instrumental skills commensurate with duties
· Leads worship songs that are in theological alignment with Overlake
· Implement vision and direction of worship at Overlake under the supervision of the Co-Leads
· Lead staff and congregation in experiences that help them experience the Love of God.
· Communicate clearly and invitationally (both on and off stage)
· Collaborate with Experience team and others in creating the weekend worship gatherings as well as other worship experiences. Facilitate the development of worship ministries throughout the church (e.g. KidTown, Student Ministries)
· Provide pastoral leadership by caring for the worship team
· Identify, recruit and develop worship team members
After prayerful consideration, if the Lord is leading you to apply, please send the following to: Employment@occ.org
- Cover letter (1-3 pages) expressing interest and addressing the following questions:
- What role does Worship play in Advancing the Kingdom of God?
- What is your vision for worship at Overlake?
- What are ways you see yourself collaborating with the team towards the vision?
- Resume and References
- Video of Leading Worship
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled.