About the job
Technical Arts Director
Job Title: Technical Arts Director
Status: Salaried Full-Time Position
The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR has direct oversight and responsibility over the Audio, Video & Production of OCC, leading the Technical Arts Team. The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR will work alongside the Experience Team and Worship Pastor on a weekly basis and then coordinate production items needed for the excellent presentation of weekly services and programs.
The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR works directly under the leadership of the Experience Pastor on a day-to-day basis. The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR is ultimately responsible to the Lead Pastor for leadership and job performance.
The TECHNICAL ARTS TEAM works closely with the Worship Pastor, the Experience Team, and with the Information Technology Team to support to OCC ministries
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR, along with the Technical Arts Team (including volunteers), is responsible to provide technical excellence for every service and ministry event at OCC. The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR will work to bring a spirit of excellence in all “behind-the-scenes” ministry areas.
STAGE PREPARATION AND MANAGEMENT:
• Oversee the specific stage preparation for each service.
• Stage preparation includes everything from installing the stage design and equipment placement to ensuring a proper sound and video check are performed prior to each service.
• Use technology to enhance programs. Our goal is to create a positive environment and to
• Recruit and train volunteer audio engineers.
• Provide sermon recordings for website and podcast.
• Prepare stage with microphones and needed equipment.
• Maintain the audio and related equipment.
• Provide sound check of all lines/videos prior to each service.
• Responsible for RF frequency coordination throughout the facility (for wireless mics, IEM systems, ect.)
• Recruit, teach and empower a team of leaders who will provide excellent lighting for all of our services. • Bring expert advice and insight as to how other large churches are effectively using lighting.
• Oversee the use of lighting for major productions/services.
VIDEO & TECHNOLOGY:
• The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR serves as our “expert” on technology related to the stage and services.
• The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR will oversee the maintenance schedule of all ministry technology and keep the Communications & Teams Pastor and Organizational Leadership Team abreast of specific concerns or needs related to:
- Projection and Projection screens
- Cameras and Equipment for IMAG
- Video, lighting, sound consoles
- Intelligent, video and theatrical lighting - Sound Reinforcement technology
- Audio/video recording
BUILDING TEAMS AND EQUIPPING LEADERS:
Strong administrative skills are a requirement to be successful in this position. The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR is responsible to create the organizational structure and administrative execution that empowers the department to operate in a spirit of unity and excellence. This job requires a strong emphasis be placed on recruiting, training, and team building.
A major key to success will be the ability to recruit and nurture new leaders and volunteers, as well as training/ equipping current volunteers in various ministry areas.
With a 5000+ seat Worship Center, and multiple large spaces, Overlake Christian Church hosts various conferences, concerts and graduations throughout the year.
• The TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR will work with the Special Events Team and Facilities Team to serve clients for our special events. This includes major productions where audio, video, lighting and external equipment resourcing are vital.
• Work with Special Events Team to plan and prepare for events.
• Schedule and oversee technical rehearsals during major events.
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a Technical Arts/Production ministry role
· Experience with Yamaha CL5 Audio consoles, Grand MA2 lite lighting consoles and Production Video Switchers preferred
· Experience with Dante Audio Networks
· Works well with others and within a team
· Possess strong oral and written communications skills
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure
· Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications • Medical, dental and vision coverage with life and disability insurance
• Paid vacation, sick, and holidays
The successful candidate for the position of TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR will possess the following qualities: • Possess a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects it
• A hard worker who is driven by results
• An ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• A high degree of professionalism
• Will complete the church’s Rooted Membership Class upon employment
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• As a staff person Overlake Christian Church, the TECHNICAL ARTS DIRECTOR agrees to abide by all the provisions of the Employee Handbook.
• The Church reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May require a flexible work schedule as changes in ministry occur.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.