About the job
Job Title: Outer West Kids Director
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Week: Sunday – Thursday
Reports to: Next Gen Director
Direct Reports: Volunteers
Weekly Attendance: 850
To support the mission of Outer West Community Church (OWCC) by serving as the champion for Outer West Kids and implementing the strategic plan for families of children ages birth through fifth grade.
- Lives out OWCC’s mission, vision, and values.
- Embraces OWCC’s staff, partnership, and leadership covenants.
- Partners with leadership to develop and implement church-wide ministry strategies and events to reinforce early learning and faith development.
- Equips, trains, and fosters an environment which supports parents to be the primary spiritual leaders of their families.
- Leads with Christlikeness and motivates with encouragement.
- Sources, teaches, and evaluates weekly programming.
- Recruits, trains, empowers, and schedules qualified and committed volunteer teams.
- Ensures volunteer onboarding procedures are adhered to.
- Oversees and expands assimilation and promotions between grade levels.
- Organizes and is an active presence at community family events, child dedication events, and other family initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with children’s and youth protection policies.
- Attends assigned staff meetings, solicits and relays information, participates in problem solving, and provides recommendations for policy changes and program development to direct report.
- Manages and participates in the annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for the assigned area.
- Monitors and approves expenditures; directs and implements budgetary adjustments as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Two (2) years of accredited college or university level education. Ministry training or degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in leading Children’s and/or Student ministry in a paid or volunteer capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Planning Center Online, Mac, PC, Office, and Google applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of strategic and collaborative leadership styles and models.
- Knowledge and experience in strategic thinking and planning.
- Knowledge of children ministry best practices.
- Knowledge of discipleship strategies for children and parents.
- Knowledge and experience in people and project management principles, administration practices, organization techniques, and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with budget development, expense tracking/reporting, and administration.
- Ability to work in a fluid and collaborative environment.
- Ability to lead a group to accomplish a common goal.
- Ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, follow direction with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to identify, encourage, recruit and develop culture champions to whom leadership and authority can be delegated to.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, members, and ministry volunteers.
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
OWCC Staff Expectations:
- Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Actively embraces the OWCC staff values.
- Personally engaged with the OWCC mission, vision, and values.
- Embraces and covenants to the OWCC Partnership and Leadership Covenants.
- Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.