About the job
Orchard Community Church's Assistant Pastor / Director of Discipleship and Outreach is a key role that helps to foster spiritual growth and outreach within our church community. They will also assist the Pastor in pastoral duties.
- Create a discipleship culture at Orchard by developing a comprehensive discipleship program, including classes, small groups, mentorship programs and other initiatives.
- Work with the Pastor, ministry leaders and volunteers to ensure that the discipleship and outreach programs are well-coordinated and effectively meet the needs of the church community.
- Create outreach specifically targeted to a younger demographic and our preschool families.
- Help plan and execute Orchard’s outreach events that help the church connect with and serve the wider community.
- Collaborate with Session to ensure that the discipleship and outreach programs are aligned with the mission and vision of the church.
- Improve Orchard’s online digital communication and social media presence for the purpose of reaching unchurched people.
- Provide mentoring and discipleship support to members of the church community.
- Develop strategies for identifying and nurturing new leaders.
- If ordained, assist with worship leadership, preaching, pastoral care and hospital visits.