Lead Pastor at Orchard Community Church
About the job
Lead Pastor of Orchard Community Church – Erie, CO
Orchard Community Church (OCC) is a member church with the Send Network of the SBC, Colorado Baptists and the Longs Peak Baptist Association and is a growing Bible-believing church body and community located in a recently renovated church building within the heart of Erie, Colorado. OCC is focused on a mission towards impacting neighborhoods, nations, and the next generation for Christ. The church, has an active congregation with regular Sunday attendance of 80-90+. Additionally, OCC has developed an online presence and has various ministry groups meeting regularly, to include: community groups, youth group, Kids Treehouse, OCC couples and expanding men and women ministries.
After leading the church for 7+ years, our amazing executive pastor has graciously informed OCC leadership that he is being called into a new ministry to help grow and mentor church plants. He will be continuing in his leadership role through the remainder of 2022. For this reason, OCC leadership has begun the search for a new lead pastor to shepherd this compassion-driven, service-minded body of believers in the town of Erie; a thriving, fast-growing suburb of Denver.
Throughout its history, OCC has been outreach-focused, deeply committed to spiritual growth, and driven to impact our community through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Therefore, the new Lead Pastor must not only be passionately committed to sound Biblical teaching, but also willing to serve as an ambassador for the kingdom of Jesus Christ, hungry for evangelizing the lost and broken in our community and beyond.
The Lead Pastor at OCC will be the spiritual face of the church, and be expected to cast the overall vision and direction through his teaching, preaching, and spiritual nurturing of the body and the surrounding community. This individual must exhibit Christ-like character and values in all aspects of his personal and professional life. He must also have a strong command of scripture with a demonstrated ability to interpret, apply, and communicate the Word on a weekly basis. OCC is committed to finding a leader who meets the needs identified above, and has the experience, knowledge, and abilities to serve in this capacity.
The Lead Pastor position will be a member of, and also report directly to, the Executive Council of OCC, a group of mature Christian men who prayerfully lead the church and are responsible for its overall spiritual health and welfare.
Employment package includes competitive salary and retirement planning options.
- Set the overall spiritual direction of the church
- Cast vision for body
- Oversee and coordinate day-to-day ministry of the administration and finances of the church
- Teach & preach the Word weekly
- Impart spiritual counsel to the Body
- Grow the church in spiritual strength and maturity
- Be an evangelist to the community
- Be the face of the church to the community, and directly involved in outreach to other church leaders
- Identify and mentor spiritual leaders
- Commitment to the Statement of Faith and Core Values
Minimum Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in pastoral type positions at an evangelical Christian church
- Divinity or Theology degree or equivalent experience within ministry (preferred)
- Exhibits the character traits outlined in 1 Tim 3:1-7 & Tit 1:5-9
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Gaining the Believers:
- Has a plan of redemption and teaches from a strong biblical foundation
- Has strong pastoral leadership experience
Equipping the Believers:
- Trains others in discipleship
- Grows the flock through biblical teachings
Sustaining the Believers:
- Spiritually feeds the flock through ministry development
- Understands how to teach and reach all generations
Mobilizes the Believers:
- Leads the flock in mission efforts and develops leaders in faith and ministry
- Translates vision into practical ministry (service) opportunities
Skills and Abilities:
- Prophetic and shares the truth
- Casts vision for body
- Preaches the Gospel
- Speaks the truth even in difficult situations
- Relational with strong people skills
- Dynamic communicator (written and oral) with strong presentation skills and public speaking skills
- Fiscally astute with personal finances in order
- Demonstrates humility with leading
- Nurtures others and demonstrates compassion in all matters