About the job
Oasis Baptist Church was founded in the Las Vegas Valley over 65 years ago with the intention to be a Home for the Family and an Oasis for the Soul. It is the goal and intention of Oasis to love on and reach the community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, with a purpose to Lead others to be Passionate Followers of Christ.
Our mission is to Lead others to be Passionate Followers of Christ, with an emphasis on discipleship from the home impacting generations.
There are 3 major emphases at Oasis.
1. Church services
2. Life Groups
3. A united family loving our community.
Purpose of this Position
· We are seeking to hire a Full time, self-starting, and innovative Discipleship Pastor that would work with the Pastor, church, and church leaders, to lead, develop, expand, and multiply opportunities for spiritual development from new converts to mature believers.
· To provide leadership and expand the development of our Life Groups.
· To oversee, expand and develop systems enabling a new convert or attender to go through the Oasis Pipeline of Spiritual Growth and Leadership.
Support the Lead Pastor in the overall vision casting and leadership, help teach, preach, and engage in weekend service planning.
Lead and expand Life groups and leaders.
Expand and develop a system to engage the Oasis family in Spiritual Growth. To include but not limited to the development of leaders, life group expansion, curriculum, etc.…
The ability to identify, recruit, teach, train, spiritually support and effectively supervise volunteers for Life groups and adult ministries within the church.
Be a part of leading, recruiting, teaching, and developing the Oasis membership/discipleship process.
Being a part of the Pastoral staff of Oasis we will all work together in several areas of ministry that will be outside of the scope of any individual job. To include but not limited to
Outreach strategies for reaching our community.
Pastoral care such as hospital visits, phone calls, and counseling among other pastoral duties.
Attend regular Pastoral Staff Meetings and lead regular Development Staff meetings.
Develop relationships with the Oasis Church Family
General Employment Requirements
Be in agreement with the statements of faith, mission, vision and core values of Oasis Baptist Church
Be a committed follower of Jesus with a lifestyle and reputation of Christ-like faithfulness.
A humble and sincere call to serve Christ’s church.
Clear gifts in teaching, and a capacity to communicate effectively.
Ability to inspire confidence in staff and volunteer leaders.
Discerning, able to make a tough call, while maintaining healthy relationships with peers as well as those being supervised.
Display both situational and personal awareness
To be a Self-starter and team player
To lead, integrate and develop people of all spiritual walks of life.
Communication/Teaching: Theologically sound with an ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways in a Sunday morning service or other areas of ministry.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor or advanced Degree preferred.
· Prefer 3-5 years of pastoral ministry experience.
· Prefer 3-5 years of proven management and supervising a team of volunteers.
· Experience in casting vision, developing, and leading disciple-making communities.
· Student Ministry and/or Worship Leader are not required but are helpful
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/3391