About the job
This position contributes to the mission of Oak Hills Church (OHC) to be disciples who make disciples by guiding all people to follow Jesus moment by moment. The staff member is responsible for representing the mission of OHC online through content and conversations within social media channels.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements digital discipleship marketing strategy to help people grow in their relationship with God in collaboration with the Creative Director.
- Oversees digital marketing efforts and external-facing digital communications in collaboration with the Promotion Coordinator.
- Maintains and implements social media editorial calendar for all social media distribution channels as listed in promo flow in Asana ensuring all posts are aligned with promo timelines on the Social Media Calendar.
- Writes and shares daily content on social channels that builds meaningful connections with online community members.
- Coordinates with the Promotion Coordinator and Creative Director to ensure brand consistency.
- Collaborates with individual ministries to provide digital strategies that guide Next Step opportunities that move people toward engagement.
- Engages directly and manages communication with followers across all social channels.
- Manages sensitive public responses with grace and diplomacy and limits overall negative impact of negative public conversations online.
- Ensures brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, terminology, and accuracy.
- Stays up to date with technical and formatting trends across all platforms and coordinates implementation with Creative Director.
- Facilitates online engagement through social media channels during weekend services and provides answers to questions submitted online.
- Guides social media volunteers and coordinates coverage of weekend services.
- Assists Communication Minister and Creative Director with implementation of paid media plan to support platform growth and engagement efforts in partnership with vendors (Gloo).
- Captures, analyzes, and responds to appropriate social data, insights, and best practices.
- Ensures the most effective security measures are maintained to limit potential for hacking.
- Isolates and reports key metrics and defined KPI's for success.
- Participates in team and church-wide staff meetings and initiatives, special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
OHC STAFF EXPECTATIONS
- Active relationship with Jesus Christ sustained through the practice of personal spiritual disciplines.
- Embodies Christlikeness and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Demonstrates commitment to unity and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Personally engaged with OHC’s mission, vision and strategy.
- Supportive of OHC’s beliefs, values and practices.
- Consistently models the Staff Behavioral Values.
- Attends Life with Oak Hills and becomes a member within six (6) months of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in communication or marketing.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a field related to social media, professional communication, digital marketing, analytics, advertising (traditional or digital), and promotional or content marketing.
- Experience can substitute for education.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of social media marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of online etiquette.
- Knowledge of web analytics and website conversion metrics.
- Knowledge of digital paid media and marketing automation platforms (Sprout Social, Loomly, Hootsuite).
- Knowledge of CRM technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and Adobe CC
- Knowledge of design trends and techniques for web.
- Ability to learn and write in OHC’s tone of voice and execute according to OHC’s grammatical style guide.
- Ability to think strategically, pay attention to details, and simultaneously manage projects.
- Ability to work within brand guidelines.
- Ability to use online social media tools for scheduling.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Asana.
- Ability to use computers and a variety of software applications.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, members, and ministry volunteers.
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.