About the job
The Alamo Ranch Campus upon successfully launching to independence will be renamed Outer West Community Church. In anticipation, job descriptions will reflect the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Outer West Community Church.
Our Mission: We exist to draw people closer to Jesus Christ and each other.
Our Vision: We are a diverse Christ-Centered Family who loves people, enables life changes, and serve the community both here and beyond.
Our Values: God First: We see God’s purpose through prayer and scripture.
Community: We live in compassionate community where everyone belongs.
Diversity: We embrace diversity and unity found within the Body of Christ.
Service: We passionately serve our church, our city, and beyond.
All-In: We are all-in this together.
Job Title: Kids Pastor
Department: Next Gen
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Job Class: Professional
Direct Reports: Volunteers
Minister Designation: YES
Work Week: Sunday through Thursday
Job Summary: To support the mission of Outer West Community Church (OWCC) by developing and implementing a strategic ministry plan and discipleship pathway for all kids ages birth through 5th grade.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Casts vision for Kids Ministry and champions for families through active discipleship.
2. Creates developmentally appropriate and engaging weekly programming for nursery through elementary.
3. Ensures compliance with children’s protection policies.
4. Sources, develops, and implements a strategy for special needs ministry.
5. Recruits, trains, empowers, and schedules qualified and committed volunteer teams for all ministry environments.
6. Cultivates healthy relationships and communication with parents.
7. Resources parents with practical tools to assist discipling kids.
8. Oversees and expands assimilation and promotions between grade levels.
9. Organizes and has an active presence at kids’ events, dedications, outreach activities, camps, and gatherings.
10. Participates in the annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for the assigned area. Monitors and approves expenditures; directs and implements budgetary adjustments, as necessary.
11. Engages in the community by partnering with area elementary schools and agencies to develop effective outreach opportunities.
12. Assists with pastoral care ministry duties as well as counseling, weddings, funerals, baptisms, teaching, and communion.
13. Leads and attends appropriate staff and department meetings.
14. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
3. Personally engaged with our mission, vision, and strategy.
4. Actively engaged in our mission to be Christ where you work, live and play.
5. Attend Discover Oak Hills and become a member within six (6) months of employment.
6. Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Ministry training or Christian education preferred.
- Three (3) years of progressive responsibility in leading Kids ministry.
- Experience can be substituted for education.
- Current Texas driver’s license (Incumbents with out-of-state license must attain Texas license within six (6) months of employment).
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of God’s Word and Christian biblical foundation and principals.
2. Knowledge in strategic thinking and planning.
3. Knowledge of early childhood learning development stages.
4. Knowledge of personal project management principles, administration practices, organization techniques, and methodologies.
5. Knowledge of Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Mac, Office, and Google applications and equipment.
6. Knowledge of principals of supervision, training, and performance management.
7. Knowledge of relational intelligence, grace, and cross-cultural sensitivity.
8. Knowledge of budget development, expense tracking/reporting, and administration.
9. Ability to be empathetic and gracious in all interactions.
10. Ability to display relational and emotional intelligence that builds trusted credibility.
11. Ability to develop leaders and team members for effective ministry.
12. Ability to make wise decisions through the consistent display of integrity and discernment.
13. Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and guests.
14. Ability to consistently complete assigned tasks with excellence and limited supervision.
15. Ability to perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.