About the job
The Children’s Director/Pastor will lead Northstar’s efforts to minister, disciple, and lead children in our church and in the broader community. The ideal candidate has significant experience ministering to children and parents, recruiting and leading volunteers, and a passion to develop leaders.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Pastor
• Leadership: This individual will be a big-picture thinker, team builder, and strategist. They will help develop, lead, and execute the vision of children’s ministry and how it relates to the overall vision of NS.
• Training: Educate families and volunteers about the importance of discipleship, while partnering with families in the discipleship of their children. Also, individual will train volunteers on best practices and procedures related to children’s ministry.
• Creativity: Continually looks for ways to connect with children and families inside our church, and in our community.
• Organization: Oversee the various administrative responsibilities related to children’s ministry.
• Relational: Intentional about getting to know families and volunteers within the ministry. Also, work closely with Lead Team and other staff members to enhance overall collaboration and execution of the vision of children’s ministry.
• Developer: Understands the importance of developing leaders and has a passion to see God-given gifts in others being utilized for the Kingdom.
• Communication: Articulate and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Managing: Lead and manage other staff members on the NS Kids Team.
• Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
• Define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision, and develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
• Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
• Plan and oversee special events related to children and families, including VBS, summer camp, fall festivals, etc.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
• Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
• Lead and manage children’s ministry staff that work with children from infancy through fifth grade.
• Research, review, and approve all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensure it is consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
• Develop annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the budget.
• Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1886